Security Installer Community

Ip Alarm Signalling

james.wilson

What Next big thing can you think of where you got your finger burnt.

not very recent:-

c&k digi's

pyronix veritec

jsb bi wire

scantronic 9452/3

scantronic 1060-1080

redcare home

springs to mind as us trying something new to the market & finding it not to be a good an idea as we 1st thought

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IP signalling offers large financial benefits for multi sited customers over traditional Redcare / dualcom etc.. signalling especially when looking at G4. Although for an installer it is not as simple as the usual redcare or dualcom signalling where we are responsible in control and arrange all. Key issue with IP is to ensure router / network are UPS protected and get support from the IT department for their firewall changes.

I have never installed IP signalling on simple BT home hub type installations but from what I am told these would be very simple - just a matter of plugging in the unit. But these would of course be the sites most likely to have a fault caused by someone un plugging the alarm and plugging in their play station and causing pathway failure and call outs!

I have used Chiron and Webway and have to say in my opinion the Webway product is easier and is a more supported solution by Webway.

Network point and firewall changes always done by customer..

IP signalling offers large financial benefits for multi sited customers over traditional Redcare / dualcom etc.. signalling especially when looking at G4. Although for an installer it is not as simple as the usual redcare or dualcom signalling where we are responsible in control and arrange all. Key issue with IP is to ensure router / network are UPS protected and get support from the IT department for their firewall changes.

I have never installed IP signalling on simple BT home hub type installations but from what I am told these would be very simple - just a matter of plugging in the unit. But these would of course be the sites most likely to have a fault caused by someone un plugging the alarm and plugging in their play station and causing pathway failure and call outs!

I have used Chiron and Webway and have to say in my opinion the Webway product is easier and is a more supported solution by Webway.

Network point and firewall changes always done by customer..

QFA

Hey Ho, Lets Go

not very recent:-

c&k digi's

pyronix veritec

jsb bi wire

scantronic 9452/3

scantronic 1060-1080

redcare home

springs to mind as us trying something new to the market & finding it not to be a good an idea as we 1st thought

Of the above i only used the veritech. Did i get burnt? No! It has a limited use. Not exactly the "next big thing though" i did embrace Rafiki at day one though so i guess i had a finacial benifit for many years over the herd,

Customers!

Good point about routers, I have had to go back to several sites where BT told the client ti press the RESET button on the back pf the business hub = goodbye to all the settings made to port forwarding.

That stop's their remote access to the CCTV and on some sites their till system.

on a chain of bakeries they have no dedicated staff who look after IT or know how to configure routers.

Extrapolate that to alarm monitoring - whoops!

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Good point about routers, I have had to go back to several sites where BT told the client ti press the RESET button on the back pf the business hub = goodbye to all the settings made to port forwarding.

That stop's their remote access to the CCTV and on some sites their till system.

on a chain of bakeries they have no dedicated staff who look after IT or know how to configure routers.

Extrapolate that to alarm monitoring - whoops!

Arfur

i dont agree arf. If their bb is down then its like their tel line being down. A problem for the service provider not us. I see your point on port forwarding and yes if port forwarding was required i wouldnt even be interested in IP signalling. But it doesnt. I wouldnt want to mess with port forwarding for the reasons listed but also cos it would mean messing with peoples routers. Bad idea IMHO.

When you order the ip unit, if you want it ready programmed you need to order a static ip or dynamic ip. This is on the internal network obviously an external static ip is not req.

afaik when using udl etc you go thorough an encrytped link via the arc or comms provider (say webway) and on the unit next poll (which is within seconds) it will be informed it has to make a link available etc. This is then used for udl.

My point of having the option of a 3 path comm is that this may be over one of the wirelines or the radioline.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived