Security Installer Community

Cooper Menvier 9651

Conel

Thank you all for your support :yes:

Haha, sticking them is definitely an option. As is the cage :-)

I do think I am able, can be quite technically minded but I couldn't make heads or tails of the programming/installation manual.

Is excluding a zone and setting up a new set (say C) quite simple if I have the engineer code?

Thanks

Like anything, it is if you know how,

tbh I'd be cautious talking you through it as you admit the manual is difficult to make sense of, just prudence about repercussions which could be expensive if you do mess up, and say delete a zone permanenty

The manual is wrote for the more experienced, the termanology can be confussing fir those not used to alarms.

Really recommend the cage, hunt round the family see who has or knows of has one, but I also do a nice line in hot melt glue if your not lucky :).

Arfur

//and yes I use these gags when selling systems//

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Is excluding a zone and setting up a new set (say C) quite simple if I have the engineer code?

personally i'd recommend getting an engineer in, but no, its not that complicated. it is however easy to slip up.

setting up the zones for a C setting is straight forward you just need to go to each zone individually and add a C (eg assuming zone 1 = front door: 01 tick (says zone 1 or front door) press tick again and display will show something like : FE O A B. press C and display will show FE O A B C. now press tick to confirm.

problems you will have are, setting the timers & entry method, telling system to give a full alarm if activated.

If you see an O in the line mentioned above on the lounge detector zone, you will be able to omit it via the user guide, if not press x4 tick so display shows O.

if he googles, he'll get one. even alarm firms are putting them on their websites.

that said, i didnt put defaulting info here.

There is a line I agree, defaulting is it imo, i have pointed out problems but maybe should of reiterated the invalidating of insurance or any installer guarantee if the op goes diy. then again, what installer gives their eng code/or leaves at default.

Personally i'd swap the PIR for a pet friendly unit (if correctly sited and the cat(s) is pretty small). If not get some detection on the window(s) of the lounge, with a vibration sensor of some kind. Thus if you omit the lounge you are still protected

We'd charge £65+vat for a call to a non contract this would include an hrs labour.

I'm designing a new pet device, works with no wiring or programming required.

Think if the bub/party game 'sticky wall'.

The pet has a jacket made to fit, be it a hampered or an afghan, fit jacket as Orr instructions, sit 'wall' at near ceiling height, throw pet/s at it wallah!

And fun before every set, slogan already sorted - "splat - stick - before it gets nicked"

off to now apply for dragons den, tomorrow I'll be a miwionair :).

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived