Security Installer Community

Cooper Menvier 9651

Conel

Hello everyone,

Excuse me if I don't sound very techinical, I haven't done anything like this before.

What I need to know is how to set a new level code (is this right?). Under A on the control panel, all of the house is protected. We press B when we go to bed so only actvity downstairs is detected.. Basically I want to have another option which excludes my lounge only as we are planning on getting cats and will lock them in here during the day.

Reading that back it doesn't make much sense, I hope someone can help.

Thanks

might be possible if the installer allowed 'isolate' on the lounge zone, so try that, but you can't add it into a part set as such from customer mode. or say 'C'.

the lounge and master bedroom are high on the intruders 'visit lists', as that potentially in most homes is where the best valuables are kept, so unless you going to keep lions, perhaps rethink where your restricting the cats to.

the detector could be changed for a pet ressistant type, this reduces effectiveness to a degree but not as much as switching it off. you need to advise your insurrance co of any changes you make or have made, even if your alarm is not stated as required on the policy.

thay have this nasty little get out clause "home owner must use all avaialbe security blah blah", now guess as your starter to loose £2000, what is 'avaialble security' on an intrussion claim?

best get trained advice from an engineer or company, who can adpat your system better to your current needs - and give it a servce a the same time if your crafty;).

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Hello everyone,

Excuse me if I don't sound very techinical, I haven't done anything like this before.

What I need to know is how to set a new level code (is this right?). Under A on the control panel, all of the house is protected. We press B when we go to bed so only actvity downstairs is detected.. Basically I want to have another option which excludes my lounge only as we are planning on getting cats and will lock them in here during the day.

Reading that back it doesn't make much sense, I hope someone can help.

Thanks

Crazy idea, shut the cat/s in the utility room, they don't care where they are.

As long as they have food, drink & dirt box (in lounge?) they'll be happy.

Hope you are not expecting them to protect your 42", candle sticks etc.

Seriously, what's more important, the cats?

This might have been said by others, I don't know, I've only read the original post.

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Crazy idea, shut the cat/s in the utility room, they don't care where they are.

As long as they have food, drink & dirt box (in lounge?) they'll be happy.

Hope you are not expecting them to protect your 42", candle sticks etc.

Seriously, what's more important, the cats?

This might have been said by others, I don't know, I've only read the original post.

I would, if I had a utility room. My downstairs is open plan, so lounge into dining area into kitchen. If I had one room downstairs I would of course lock them in there.

No, I am not expecting them to protect anything. The idea being whilst their kittens they will stay inside until they are allowed out. After that they will be outdoor cats when we're out at work at the alarm will go back to normal.

My friend has an option of just doors being active? That was what I was asking, no need to patronise me. I've never had an alarm before and have had pets so this is all new to me.

Thanks everyone for the advice regarding insurance! We might need to get one of our spare rooms ready before we get them then (not realy cat like zone at the moment, having moved in and not unpacked everything!).

Thanks

You could have a large cage, have the detector side masked off with card so cats will not be seen.

Simpler while a more secure temp/permanent solution?

Arfur

You have two choices.

One is you just delete the zone as mentioned.

Two get the installer back to programme the part sets for you, thus allowing the C and D options.

You can ask for any configuration as to how these work for future ideas.

As with most panels this needs the engineer code to facilitate the setting options as well as the zones.

Thank you. I do have the engineer code but I guess it will be best to get the professional out as it seems quite fiddly? Would the call out charge be quite expenive?

Or, for the time being put them in the spare room for a few months.

Thanks for all of the replies and for the silly queston.

not a silly question at all mate, feel free to ask away.

re call out charges, anwhere from £50 - £120 etc.

our own charge (the company i work for) would be £110 +vat to a non contracted system.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Or only being kittens, it would not take that much blue tac - to stickem on the ceiling ;).

My nephew has same layout, they have a poodledoodle whatever mix, their cage works for them, it's now 4 years old.

Arfur

Archived