Security Installer Community

Bsia Recommend Insurance Approval Before Any

james.wilson

Not sure what to make of the silence. Just James. Nobody see the issue of a Dualcom signaling late?

My original concern about siting of a Dualcom OFF the entry route due to poor polling maybe very short sighted. If the Dualcom signals are being delayed then it dosent matter where you site the kit.

I rang CSL today. My rep was on a hard earned holliday (before his xmas break) but i guess he earned it with all the sales he has done.

I spoke with technical who sugested the signal strength was naff and this delayed the signal. If i had a pound for everytime i heard that scripted answer.

If the signal strength was low then the bloody thing should have used the BT line?

Last time i reported these issues to Dualcom THEY fitted a new unit with a world sim card.

I was quite firm to tech support stating "so you dont know then" the guy was quick and reffered me to Wendy Buttler customer compliaints. of course i have to write as she is possibly.

1/ on a pre xmas holliday

2/ bombed out with complaints.

Dont think it will be the latter as im sure dualcom have a rubber stamp which states "must be weak signal strength in that area"

Speak to Simon V, i won't post much about our Dualcom problems in Public.

'This may be signalling - but not as we know it Jim'

Been waiting to use that one ;).

Old ARC digi receivers when busy could stack calls while the front end dealt with them, maybe they are prioritised to let urgent signals que jump?

Be an interesting question to ask your arc perhaps?

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Could be, but what if it was a pa, fire or confirm that was lost. Granted its just an open, and that wouldn't normally be a problem. But in this case because the open didn't get through, the auto abort didn't work so this was a policed false alarm.

Jef can you do a support showing other missing signals, as someone said it is only 1 site at the mo.

I can't raise one as we don't double signal like you.

Problem is i cant search these so it has to be done from memory. Below is an example where the Keyholding co Contacts the ARC to verify closing (Worth a topic). This example shows the close was not forthcoming and the Guard contacted the engineer who asked him to disarm again. As you can see we had TWO OPENS a MISSING Close followed by a satisfactory close.

How many of these are missing as no body ever checks?

post-2708-0-42569400-1292404053_thumb.jp

Customers!

Are certain pins prioritised

Ie is an open close a lower priority and as such maybe dropped, but this wouldn't happen on a more important signal ie a pa.

What do dualcom say about it?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Are certain pins prioritised

Ie is an open close a lower priority and as such maybe dropped, but this wouldn't happen on a more important signal ie a pa.

What do dualcom say about it?

I rang CSL today. My rep was on a hard earned holliday (before his xmas break) but i guess he earned it with all the sales he has done.

I spoke with technical who sugested the signal strength was naff and this delayed the signal. If i had a pound for everytime i heard that scripted answer.

If the signal strength was low then the bloody thing should have used the BT line?

Last time i reported these issues to Dualcom THEY fitted a new unit with a world sim card.

I was quite firm to tech support stating "so you dont know then" the guy was quick and reffered me to Wendy Buttler customer compliaints. of course i have to write as she is possibly.

1/ on a pre xmas holliday

2/ bombed out with complaints.

Dont think it will be the latter as im sure dualcom have a rubber stamp which states "must be weak signal strength in that area"

Customers!

Archived