Security Installer Community

Bsia Recommend Insurance Approval Before Any

james.wilson

OK..I can only talk about our own device, so indulge me for a moment. The short answer is No.

Our SPT (Supervised Premises Transceiver) will take the alarm from the panel and try to send it. If it recognises the link is down it will a, - try to re-establish the link, and b..send the original alarm once the connection has been re-established. As the SPT is configured for single path it will not be sending a Comms fail alarm.

At the ARC end...if the fail has gone on long enough (i.e past the reporting time)..the MCTs (Monitoring Centre Tranceivers)will recognise a failure (as they have not heard from the SPT) and send the fail to the operator. The MCTs will also attempt to re-establish connection to the SPT.

As soon as the link recovers a restore is delivered to the operator (again by the MCT) and the original alarm is delivered to the operator.

In Arfur's scenario the fail was not long enough for the MCT to determine a failure. The SPT recovers the link and sends the alarm.

JC

Jim Carter

WebWayOne Ltd

www.webwayone.co.uk

im fairly sure a digi doesnt do that. I know redcare does.

As far as i recall a digi has x attempts before it fails and no further attempt is made to call ARC EXCEPT! when the line is restored some digis are capable of sending a line restore to ARC.

Customers!

If the Tx retains insent signals to arc surely that could br bad?

Alarm in monday no line, client returns Tuesday. Line restores Tuesday night.

Signals now get sent a day later than incedent, police arive although no incident now exists

Think you have lost your commission lol!.

Digi's use to try 9 attemts then give up. FTC reported after 3 fails, I might be out of date on that being well past my sell by ;).

Agility is risco's all wireless system

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Your right you are out of date. Oh and your wrong on the retries also

:$

Ss don't be tease, inform me!

You missed the words 'used to be', so you chucking a bottle if coverseir brandy to now?

Arfur

...well...on the delivery it's clear cut. The SPT has to send the alarm if it has it, that's the rules we have to abide by. The ARC software will most likely (I checked with one of our partners) handle the comms fail first and restore it...then deliver the unconfirmed event. So it's keyholder only.

But this is really an academic point. In reality a single path system cannot be a confirmed system...you can't confirm a single path fail is a true alarm.

It's back to the point that you pay your money and take your chance. Digi, Grade 2 comm applications are what they are...cheap and not very good when put under close scrutiny.

..and BTW....Grouse for me + Stones Ginger..

Jim Carter

WebWayOne Ltd

www.webwayone.co.uk

I don't think your right on the used to be either. But anyhow. It's now in seconds rather than number of retries

I defo am, I programmed the 1st ademco for shield protection, using nuts and bolts in a matrix took ages Scanny were the same 9 tries then give up, but thinking back they did wait if no line available.

Bit zippy really, as say PAB in a house who have builders on site, from curiosity some div presses it, but no line at that time, they did not need engineer then for pab action. fweek later line restored (Bill paid) and police arrive to astonishment of owner.

Arfur

Archived