Security Installer Community

Snow @ Work

james.wilson

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have had 4x4's (as opposed to 4 wheel drive) in snow, brilliant in mud holes deep grass - kack on ice compacted by traffic

tbh found no real advantage worth the cost. grip on wet or ice is rubbish if you have the nobly mud tyres on it, which you need for deep snow to get decent traction, then you get used as a 'kn tractor by all and sundry.

No matter what tyre, if people in front are stuck then your going nowhere just as fast, but more expensively.

Personally I'd go 4 wheel drive and carry snow chains, so far Essex and London not affected by snow, forcast seems to say no time soon on this area of any significance.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

I expect he'll wait until mid morning before putting in an appearance ?

Man after my own heart ;)

Snowed in here too :( Live a small bit out of town but surrounded by hills, haven't seen a single car pass on the road yet today so not going to risk it.

where are you based out of interest?

seriously how do you put a picture on here.

Use the full editor and there is a button under the posting window 'click to attach files'

if your using the quick reply bit at the bottom of the post page you cant upload from that,

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

That main road looks interesting too

not snowy but... I had a prat come running out in the road the other day, waving the right arm over his head like the spastic society doing the YMCA whilst wearing a 2/3 viz jacket, I just pulled back into the outer lane, as I pasted I saw what I assume to radar gun craddled with the left arm, oh dear....

Mr? Veritas God

Had a full on dumb ass working for me at the time, would get stuck every five minutes, in the end i sent him home and did the calls myself. pick thick as we say up here.

not snowy but... I had a prat come running out in the road the other day, waving the right arm over his head like the spastic society doing the YMCA whilst wearing a 2/3 viz jacket, I just pulled back into the outer lane, as I pasted I saw what I assume to radar gun craddled with the left arm, oh dear....

just blame one of the lads and sack them.

didn't you have it bad last winter James, was twice as bad as that up here last time. Not had much at all yet, i hope it stays that way, total nightmare with all the fecking hills.

Yeah but only for a couple of days. Beter prepared this year.

lol

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

thats proper snow that is.

and its still ******* it down :angry2::no:

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

seriously how do you put a picture on here.

iirc as ' using my phone

Import into paint, save as 'picture' change file type to jpeg

Upload attachment (on post page) move curser where you want it, click 'add attachment ti post'

Arfur

I'm jeleouse, just a bit of sleet and frost :(

Perhaps we will get a White Xmas in Essex :).

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived