Security Installer Community

Snow @ Work

james.wilson

Hows it affecting you, here in the midlands we have been lucky and think we will miss it all together, the north looks badly hit mind.

Are you preparing before you go out, ie plenty of fuel, charged mobile, blackets etc.

If anyone has any pics it might help to upload them.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hows it affecting you, here in the midlands we have been lucky and think we will miss it all together, the north looks badly hit mind.

Are you preparing before you go out, ie plenty of fuel, charged mobile, blackets etc.

Forecast says for Essex, Snow mainly to East Coast is to be likely, thinning towards London, with Tuesday the main risk day so far.

hard to know how to plan work as that can change so quick, i tend to feel for all the tech thats used, they still can't forcast a storm in a tea cup, so i'll take it with a large pinch of 'salt'.

ok, get he car started :cold2:

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

you need to get out more :lol:

We have it here in the North Riding, the main roads are fine but side roads are loke ice rings. Ive just come back from a call out out in the sticks which took an hour and would normally have taken half that time.

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

One big freeze I got caught in, hours in traffic crawling along needed a pee desperatly, spotted bushes so dives out, i see some other guys doing the same, but I was in full flood before I see a young lady squatting in the sane part if the bush I wes peeing into.

I suppose embarrassment stopped her making a noise, and nearby ticking over engines masked her iwn water fall sounds, but once started I had no choice but to continue.

Whoops :). Nearly got her lol!

She did not see much of my anatomy, not that I am anything exceptional down their, it was just too fecking cold to expose itself very far.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

spoke to soon did you, about 3 inches or so here this morning

also just seen in the local rag, 9 decent cars nicked due to owners leaving the engine running on the drive to clear windows, WHEN WILL THEY EVER LEARN.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Im lucky were I live I can get on to A roads easy. After 1st call most idiots have stopped driving at 15mph and pulling out on you at round about and junctions. It's ok on the way home as most people seem to be staying at home.

A lot of snow up here in sunny scotland. Got 1 call from customer last night saying alarm wont set untill i remembered he didnt have a contract so there was no chance going out!

Its funny how many calls we get that an ex customer has cancelled maintenance say 3 years ago and want a call to sort the problem!!!!

Still pelting it down now that my westie dog is stuck in the garden!

!

A lot of snow up here in sunny scotland. Got 1 call from customer last night saying alarm wont set untill i remembered he didnt have a contract so there was no chance going out!

Its funny how many calls we get that an ex customer has cancelled maintenance say 3 years ago and want a call to sort the problem!!!!

Still pelting it down now that my westie dog is stuck in the garden!

can you post a pic?

love snow and got none here

Just been on auto trader looking @ some cheapo 4x4's might buy one, 2k gets you something reasonably reliable.

We have had a light covering but it's all compacted and now frozen, so it's treacherous and my car's shizer on ice. Seriously considering some winter tyres for Mrs N's car.

post-1124-0-18379200-1290981467_thumb.jp

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Id say winter / snow tyres would be better than road tyres on a 4x4. Ill let you know how the q7 does when it snows as im deffo going out in it.

But last lot of snow my own car has vredestien sessantas (255x35x19 so a bit wide for snow use) but they kept me going due to the pattern imo

post-6868-0-94509700-1290981723_thumb.jp

You playing santa this year then?

I can only think of such a deeply offense reply I've had to mod myself before posting :gimme:

Or that grumpy fecker, scrooge :whistle:

Its a busy time of year to be honest, I've no idea how I'll manage to see those 3 ghost this time,bust its no great lost as they never buy nowt :whistle:

Mr? Veritas God

Archived