Security Installer Community

Snow @ Work

james.wilson

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Essex has finally got a decent covering, 100 schools shut, main arterials are clear but log jammed with traffic lesser roads very slippy.

So a day or two niw for paper work and gazing a the Robins in the snow picture card effect on my garden - which I just love :).

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

used to snow like this when I was kid in the 80's

I can remember one time when the snow stayed for a week or so, probably around that time mid 80's, schools closed etc. Cannot remember the time of year but we usually do not get any snow (that stays) until Jan/Feb, it being a coastal area and all. After last years cold snap around xmass they said it was a freak and not likely to happen again for years, seems to be a trend developing over here with miss information :hmm:

P.S Around the mid 80's we used to get summers too, I was still waiting for summer this year when it started snowing :(

it's hardly stopped today, kids have been skiing down the road, I took the wheels off my lads skateboard, hey presto snowboard. I'm also supposed to be going to Germany on Friday.....all being well!

post-1124-0-77590800-1291242268_thumb.jp

post-1124-0-96209400-1291242322_thumb.jp

post-1124-0-81248900-1291242385_thumb.jp

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

it's hardly stopped today, kids have been skiing down the road, I took the wheels off my lads skateboard, hey presto snowboard. I'm also supposed to be going to Germany on Friday.....all being well!

Came through Wakey today. Had ben to Carlton/Royston. Silly amounts of snow. Took 5 hours to get back to Bradford.

I set off to take Mrs N to work, we left late @ 9 ish and I turned back @ Carlton due to a jacknifed lorry. You also probably passed the end of our estate going back to Wakefield.

reakon you have it worse.

what is the worst affected area?

Not sure, I would automatically think the highlands but I know Sheffield is far worse than us.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Sheffield looked bad, rang a m8 there. He didnt even bother to go into the office in his brand new X5 fully loaded jobby. Journey is Chesterfield to sheffield.

Luckily he runs a web hosting company (www.idaq.com) so stayed at home and worked there.

I set off to take Mrs N to work, we left late @ 9 ish and I turned back @ Carlton due to a jacknifed lorry. You also probably passed the end of our estate going back to Wakefield.

Not sure, I would automatically think the highlands but I know Sheffield is far worse than us.

There were few lorries struggling on that road.

Transits were found wanting too. Rear wheel driving and getting nowhere fast.

On another tangent about the cold.

Picked up a Carhartt jacket a few months back ( think casual jacket but really solid material. could be used for work ) from TK-Max for £50.00. Its an American product. Saw it in shops in Oxford street for £360-£400 quid retail.

Not used it till today, what a superb jacket. Wind proof, warm. An absolute bargin.

Paul, i am down your way on Sunday and Monday night staying in the Hilton @ Wembley (dont start its quite cheap for London) we are fitting more cameras at kensington and a few PVMS.

Would have got you to do them..... When your leg is better you are more then welcome to it... :)

Looking forward to an indian in the Blue Rooms, your welcome to join us, MY shout.

Archived