Security Installer Community

Can It Be Done?

BARA

Can a monitered alarm be added to if you dont know the engineering code and the alarm is monitered by redcare?

It is a texecom system that I installed. It has since been maintained and monitered by an alarm company. I have been asked to add to the system. I am only adding 4 more sensors.

I wanted to do the job without having to pay out for it to be re-commisioned or without having to ask for the engineers pass-code.

Can a monitered alarm be added to if you dont know the engineering code and the alarm is monitered by redcare?

It is a texecom system that I installed. It has since been maintained and monitered by an alarm company. I have been asked to add to the system. I am only adding 4 more sensors.

I wanted to do the job without having to pay out for it to be re-commisioned or without having to ask for the engineers pass-code.

oh dear........

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

IF you know the engineer code then its possible. You will be breaking the clients agreement with their service provider, and as such may nullify any insurance and or cover provided by the system.

But this all assumes its on police response, maintained by a regulated firm etc. You dont need to be a approved to install and or work on redcare, but you do to call the police.

Hopefully that covers it.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived