Security Installer Community

Can It Be Done?

BARA

I just don't like tight customers, I find if they are the type that want to save money getting the job done by a chap that saw a picture of an alarm system once, they are usually the type that moans whenever they get a bill. I dont want to be arguing about money all the time, I provide a service and my customers understand that, and those that dont can be someone else s problem.

I dont have a problem with anyone getting cables run or fitting power supplies fitted, especially if there contractor is there running cables anyway, so long as the contractor is under our instruction on how and where the cables are run, thats fair enough.

QFA, too tight = problems.

This kind of customer expects 150% of your time for 5% of your charges.

sorry this is public

Change, not a question really is it.

Example, I ordered kit, boss changed the order incorrectly.

Upon realising we rang supplier and they had a hissy fit saying the "picking" and packaging took time and they did not want to revert to the original purchase order.

Was only £2500.00 worth of goods, so I told supplier I would buy elsewhere.

Funny enough they agreed to my terms.

I hear what your saying but dont agree, if a supplier had that attitude towards you what would you do?

I dont understand what your asking James, I dont have problems with suppliers because I pay on time, and return goods using the suppliers RMA process.

Dont get me wrong I jump through hoops for my customers, they get treated like royalty, and I'm very reasonable to deal with, but I wont suffer fools, if its under warranty it gets fixed free no quibbles, if its something we did it gets fixed free no quibbles. And as I said earlier Im happy for customers to use bona fide contractors to run cables but I wont stand for customers installing three or four detectors using a mate to save money I leave them for the one man bands of this world, we are a professional installer.

Lets put it another way James,your Audi needs brakes Audi wants £500, your garage mate wants £300, and a mate who's day job is changing tyres who says he will do it for £50 plus parts total £175 where would you go? I know the answer £300 but why? Can you see where Im going with this?

Archived