Security Installer Community

How Many Hours To Install?

broadband

what's a dart tag ?

You innocent lol!

You get a discount but you have have a minimum balance of £50 iirc, not sonmuch point for occSional use, and only cars not even bikes or light vans can use the auto booths :)

They used to charge bikes, I had a chrome fitting on my windscreen that could fool the auto sensor on sunny days and lift the arm, I'd get through for free if the attendant was not awake :)

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

If your not used to this type of installation then 3 hours is a reasonable time.

You cannot really go wrong with a mag lock if you use the fitting template supplied. You mention metal frames,make sure you have a selection of HSS bits and a "tapping device".

template usually more trouble than they're worth. much easier to fit armature once lock powered. you can get it **** on then.Also, don't trust the architrave. often just lightly pinned and heat glued. It's also usually wide for a reason.

Agree on architrave, many a "hole" behind them.

As for template, if your new to them its worth it. As you say easier to power up and get a marking when your used to them.

Like many things we have faster better methods, but that takes experience.

I hope no one prices these on hours? One of my guys drilled a door with a 12mm spade bit last year and splintered the veneer. Contractor wanted £800 for a new door. Fortunately i knew the client and they said they never even noticed it. Cleverly hidden under an oversize washer. He wont make that mistake ever again.

lol, i had to use a spade the other day, pilot, then drill in at each end. Not the best, but when your stuck.

My 2 bobs worth,

Fit the lock, put the bolt in the armature, hold it in place with 2 fingers, slam the door, but not nott hard, that leaves a mark for the hole. If you wanna be flash, (or somebodys watching lol) put some tape on the door so it marks that

13mm spade till the point just sticks through, then drill from the other side.

Fit the pins, washers etc, tighten the bolt to mark for the pins, loosen it, drill 8mm holes for the pins.

Always done it that way.

Metal doors much nicer with an armature housing if you can, as the bolt usually seems to be just about in the middle of the strip of steel near the top.

someone should do a vid next time lol

I fit the metal plate first checking the lock will fit (ie wiring access location etc) Then i mount the lock plate using the 2 adjustable screw locations, bolt up allen screws, then power up. Adjust as required then fit all the screws to the non adjustable location. A bit easier when using z and l's as you can adjust the bracket.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived