Security Installer Community

How Many Hours To Install?

broadband

I don't have access to the trade sections. Hopefully someone here can help me. I was wondering how many hours you think it would take to install door access. We are using an ICS Security 10002 maglock, Siemens (Bewator) DC-12, SP500 switchplate reader, REX and BGU. Assume all cabling is in place except for the maglock. Using some steel and some wood frames and all wooden doors. For the maglock cable, we would have to drill up through the frame into a partition and fish the cable down.

So, we would mount the door controller and psu above the door in ceiling void (ceiling tiles), wire and fix reader, rex and bgu, wire up the controller and psu and connect power from local spur.

Thanks in advance.

If your not used to this type of installation then 3 hours is a reasonable time.

You cannot really go wrong with a mag lock if you use the fitting template supplied. You mention metal frames,make sure you have a selection of HSS bits and a "tapping device".

I'm this you 1st maglock?

make sure you have the rright size drill/flat bit for the armature stud so it wil be a tightish fit and need a tap, be careful to align the armature bang on centre with the mags field, a little more time spent here is usually a lot more saved later.

allow the armature to flex (but not flop about on it's stud), in order for it to best mate flat with the magnet.

Don't forget threadlock for the bolts :)

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived