Security Installer Community

How Many Hours To Install?

broadband

Hour (ish + maglock)

Is door inward opening or outward opening or both? Have you got all correct brackets with you? how far is wholesalers to get correct bracket? Each answer add appropriate time.

Is that with diode or mov :D

How about using a 100pf capacitor? I'll leave that to guesses on how to connect it - parrelel, series, back to back no ser/pare? nah!

shhhhh! now Arfur :)

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Hour (ish + maglock)

Is that with diode or mov :D

Depends if its an AC mag....lol

I reckon on 2 Doors a day on average, never far out allowing for the usual, getting to it, finding all you need, clearing up etc. And all the people who have to say "can I just"

Even happens if theres double doors and you wedge the other one open, theres some prat always wants to struggle past.

There is a glass mount kit. Bit more than glue involved.

Cannot find a piccy but the armature plate sits over the door so gravity as well as adhesive and grub screws holds it on.

Otherwise another one I did was at a Ford main dealers to stop customers wandering up the stairs to cash office ( 15k cash was lost through this before) I had a door made and toughened to suit. M8 owns a glass company, took 3 days to get made,drilled and toughened to receive Hinges/Mag/Door Closer.

PS, I was told you cannot drill a toughened piece of glass, hence its drilled before the process. ( Well thats what I was told)

Used both methods. I was also told i had to have a door drilled pre it being tougthened. I have also used araldite to fix armature and this has been working for many years.

Customers!

There is a glass mount kit. Bit more than glue involved.

Cannot find a piccy but the armature plate sits over the door so gravity as well as adhesive and grub screws holds it on.

yep, but as posted, depends on in/out/both/clearance etc. & tbo prefer to get guys like you to do it so sub out & get ps for quote.

PS, I was told you cannot drill a toughened piece of glass, hence its drilled before the process. ( Well thats what I was told)

reckon your right, by provisional sum quoted, could buy new door - in 5 days?

Think the trick is the same as foil/bomb blast film or tinting.

CLEAN the glass CLEAN it again and then CLEAN it again.

got dart tags on the motors, try getting one of them off. come to that, try removing redcare aerial.

Used a 2 pack adhesive specially formulated for glass, supplied by Noralsy, this was a double door and z&l bracketts neede. Try ti bump it, but offered way above tye rate and disclaimers signed.

must admit from days of sticking vibro's and foil blocks, I was very pensive., an engraving firm I worked for as a kid using meths to clean glass from finger prints, leaves no streaks.

Masked off the armature as you do setting out foil from the 'dead' side, big moment came I used slide.cramps to stop the armatures sliding and the mask's for alignment.

Worked really well, I covered the armatures from the 'dead' side with some plastic vent grills bought from a shed, same grey as the metal frame.

Big sigh of releif when it worked and nothing fell off, think it knocked a few years off my life though.

6 weeks later I was asked could I change them to another doorway but after an expressive remark i heard no more lol!

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhh Dart tags. Ooops I meant AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG. That damn bridge, used to have to use it a lot, but we had to use the toll booths.

They make motorbikes queue too yet they are free. Pretty sure they used to charge. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Archived