Security Installer Community

How Many Hours To Install?

broadband

3 hours without rushing.

I installed a paxton reader and a Videx intercom (combined system) today with a mag lock, GBG, RTE and PSU's (same enclosure). Wired and certificated the FCU and left a Fire alarm interface point for the building fire installer it took all day!

Customers!

FCU took you a while then did it?

OP said all cables in place as is FCU. Only had to wire to and connect Mag.

3 hours is more than enough to do the rest.

We have to be smart with our time in London :P

I installed a paxton reader and a Videx intercom (combined system) today with a mag lock, GBG, RTE and PSU's (same enclosure). Wired and certificated the FCU and left a Fire alarm interface point for the building fire installer it took all day!

about right if you cabled it. I did one last week, extra door on existing system, reader in reader out and all cable in ali-tube. took me atleast 5 hours. Some are just a pain.

Hour (ish + maglock)

Is door inward opening or outward opening or both? Have you got all correct brackets with you? how far is wholesalers to get correct bracket? Each answer add appropriate time.

You cannot really go wrong with a mag lock

Is that with diode or mov :D

about right if you cabled it. I did one last week, extra door on existing system, reader in reader out and all cable in ali-tube. took me atleast 5 hours. Some are just a pain.

I hope no one prices these on hours? One of my guys drilled a door with a 12mm spade bit last year and splintered the veneer. Contractor wanted £800 for a new door. Fortunately i knew the client and they said they never even noticed it. Cleverly hidden under an oversize washer. He wont make that mistake ever again.

Customers!

No one asked price, they asked how long.

You know yourself a price is a price.

Sometimes you get lucky it sails in. As you mention it can go a bit Pete Tong.

Cleverly hidden under an oversize washer.

penny for your thoughts..

also how do you price for fitting to glass door? glazing firm wanted to take door away for 5 days to drill & suggested shuttering ply to front entrance of office block. cant think why we didnt win that one. winner glued it on. afaik its still hanging off.

There is a glass mount kit. Bit more than glue involved.

Cannot find a piccy but the armature plate sits over the door so gravity as well as adhesive and grub screws holds it on.

Otherwise another one I did was at a Ford main dealers to stop customers wandering up the stairs to cash office ( 15k cash was lost through this before) I had a door made and toughened to suit. M8 owns a glass company, took 3 days to get made,drilled and toughened to receive Hinges/Mag/Door Closer.

PS, I was told you cannot drill a toughened piece of glass, hence its drilled before the process. ( Well thats what I was told)

Archived