Security Installer Community

Getting Work ?

It is hard. We are NSI Gold, and have about 350 monitored and probably the same again as Bells only under contract. I've noticed as an engineer when i started back in 96, we used to bang in 2-3 4737 systems in a week, now the domestic side we are lucky if its a 3-4 new installs a month. We are quite lucky however that we supplement our big sister Electrical company. With their many maintenance contracts we supplement them with access/cctv/intruder work. Yes some of its crappy pub t/o but its work............ Couldn't see how you could start a company from scratch in this climate in our industry at the moment.

It's hard going, I started in May 2008.

I am always surprised by the number of monitored contracts some older firms have, i always think it would be more.

We have probably 100 or so fire alarms also monitored on top of that, as you know you win some, you lose some lol ;)

I'm not knocking it, just as an engineer you always think companies have more then they do. Then when i started up i found it wasn't the case.

There was/is a manchester firm for sale, been going 15 years or more, only 90 connections.

Nova 2`s ?:whistle:

How many less, 1 2 3 or 4 ?

You may have just pulled up an anomoly. Type A systems our DB says 258. This is impossible and i suspect some fire systems have been given the wrong code.

1 My dad Its a Gardtec 800

2 A very old lady who refused to FO when we dropped her from contract because she wouldnt signal. Its a Veritas and its been ther for 15 years

3 -5 Im strugling but the DB didnt help.

Whats a nova 2

Customers!

Archived