Security Installer Community

Getting Work ?

Guys: Thanks for all the advice, much appreciated & taken to heart. Have ordered some extra printing to target existing systems for takeovers & maintenance. Had a callout from 1 of the leaflets i'd posted, local shop with an old Chubb system that decided to Alarm in the middle of the night for no apparent reason & would'nt reset. Shopkeeper rang Chubb to find out it went of their system years ago then phoned landlord, pity he didn't phone me first. By the time I got there Landlord had already smashed the ext bell but alarm did'nt stop inside so he hit internal with a hammer as well, apparently there was still a siren going so he decided to chop all the wiring going into the panel. Well obviously that stopped it dead so there was nothing I could do, waiting now for them to decide who's going to pay for the new system. :hmm: what an A****le.

Am I missing something here ?

You charge for the out of hours call, shutting it down wouldnt have been much more surely.

Now you got a foot in the door for a decent ish quote cos somebody forced the clients hand with a hammer.

And your complaining ??

Am I missing something here ?

You charge for the out of hours call, shutting it down wouldnt have been much more surely.

Now you got a foot in the door for a decent ish quote cos somebody forced the clients hand with a hammer.

And your complaining ??

Where do you see me complaining in my post? whether I made / make money out of it does'nt matter, the guy is still an A*****e for what he did. What would you call someone who completely smashes a system & chops all the cables, mains included going to a panel.

Customers Love us, Intruders Hate us.

Where do you see me complaining in my post? whether I made / make money out of it does'nt matter, the guy is still an A*****e for what he did. What would you call someone who completely smashes a system & chops all the cables, mains included going to a panel.

He obviously doesn't have your knowledge does he?

And he got the desired result - silence.

He obviously doesn't have your knowledge does he?

And he got the desired result - silence.

Look, I understand why he smacked the ext bell to stop the disturbance. What I think is stupid is smashing the rest of the system after phoning me & knowing I was less than 2 miles away & would be there in less than 10 minutes & no your right he does'nt have my knowledge but then again not many people around my area do.

Look, I understand why he smacked the ext bell to stop the disturbance. What I think is stupid is smashing the rest of the system after phoning me & knowing I was less than 2 miles away & would be there in less than 10 minutes & no your right he does'nt have my knowledge but then again not many people around my area do.

Now you didn't say that earlier did you. subtle difference.

but did you get paid ?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Now you didn't say that earlier did you. subtle difference.

Sorry mate, thought I had. Did'nt get back to sleep afterwards so my heads in a shed.

but did you get paid ?

Yep no quibble about paying the call out & when I popped into the shop this morning I got a free sack of spuds, so no losses. Landlord is telling shopkeeper that replacing the Alarm is not his responsibility even though he smashed it, so they can argue that 1 out amongst themselves.

Course it matters, its the only thing that does matter in those situations. Its why your self employed isnt it ?

Thought you were calling the bloke an *******, that sounds like a complaint to me. Could be he's done you a favour, now you get to sell a lot more work instead of just getting a load of outdated junk working for call charge plus an hour or whatever. And worst case is you still get call out fee either way. Assholes like that can call me often as they like, I'll even give em a drink for their trouble lol

Archived