Security Installer Community

Getting Work ?

We must have taken at least 60 monitored systems off the 2 big nationals by knocking on doors and selling our company to them.

I posted some info with our prices to a few domestics i once looked after many years ago while working for a very large local comapany that sold out to a national and got 70% take up on our maintenace services.

Well seeing as Andy has given part of the game away (spoil sport), we focus almost 100% on takeovers as a company. We do alot of install aswell, but most of it comes via the takeovers in the form of upgrades and recos.

Hi Guys: Thanks for all the replies & useful input, it's appreciated. Will see what happens now in the next few weeks & if things don't pick up maybe try a different tack. Anyone had any luck with advertising in Community magazines?

Customers Love us, Intruders Hate us.

Well seeing as Andy has given part of the game away (spoil sport), we focus almost 100% on takeovers as a company. We do alot of install aswell, but most of it comes via the takeovers in the form of upgrades and recos.

indeed. a good way to win business as dont have to convince customer benefit/need of alarm. they already know or have to. many jobs we do like that, find we're the 4th,6th,11th firm to do same - its becoming more popular than switching gas.

if aiming at commercial though, need to be able to do remote with urn. if cant, need to aim at residential with existing bells only - the point t'was making with seperate leaflets, far better return than trying for new install (#14)

indeed. a good way to win business as dont have to convince customer benefit/need of alarm. they already know or have to. many jobs we do like that, find we're the 4th,6th,11th firm to do same - its becoming more popular than switching gas.

if aiming at commercial though, need to be able to do remote with urn. if cant, need to aim at residential with existing bells only - the point t'was making with seperate leaflets, far better return than trying for new install (#14)

maybe so. Leaflets are just not for me.

We are often the 5th + firm they have had, more often due to sh!t installers to be fair, i'm not fussed aslong as we are the last ;)

I have spent the last 2 afternoons getting a 24 door access system up and running at a high school, they are that happy we are getting the cctv, fire and intruder in march. Not always a bad thing following sh!t companies, hard work but can pay off.

maybe so. Leaflets are just not for me.

me neither, not any more. just needed to start somewhere (nscia days) but was replying to op/guys looking now & reckon same applies now, activity n all.

We are often the 5th + firm they have had, more often due to sh!t installers to be fair, i'm not fussed aslong as we are the last ;)

agreed. comp maint does it for us.

I have spent the last 2 afternoons getting a 24 door access system up and running at a high school, they are that happy we are getting the cctv, fire and intruder in march. Not always a bad thing following sh!t companies, hard work but can pay off.

yep, thats the way to do it. posted in trade abt sound cut off system. got into those now, so 1 stop shop, & like you spent ages sussing out, spent £ss calibrated meters for mics etc.

bottom line: no big secret to gettin work & running good firm. provide a good service, charge reasonable rate, do what you say you will, when you say you will then always have work.

me neither, not any more. just needed to start somewhere (nscia days) but was replying to op/guys looking now & reckon same applies now, activity n all.

agreed. comp maint does it for us.

yep, thats the way to do it. posted in trade abt sound cut off system. got into those now, so 1 stop shop, & like you spent ages sussing out, spent £ss calibrated meters for mics etc.

bottom line: no big secret to gettin work & running good firm. provide a good service, charge reasonable rate, do what you say you will, when you say you will then always have work.

QFA

Still not sure about that fully comp though lol

As an eg. what would you charge for a dualcom g2 or secure 20 circuits fully comp? feel free to PM if you don't want it in public.

As an eg. what would you charge for a dualcom g2 or secure 20 circuits fully comp? feel free to PM if you don't want it in public.

wont be posting in public lol.

charges will depend on whats on system, how old, and esp if we can do all/some other deciplines aswell. lots of variables tbo.

been thinking abt getting some yts halfwit to do pat testing cos find often the existing (eng) dipsticks are pretending to do el & fire. worse than them sort having fag in back of van whilst feet up on extinguisers they're testing..

Guys: Thanks for all the advice, much appreciated & taken to heart. Have ordered some extra printing to target existing systems for takeovers & maintenance. Had a callout from 1 of the leaflets i'd posted, local shop with an old Chubb system that decided to Alarm in the middle of the night for no apparent reason & would'nt reset. Shopkeeper rang Chubb to find out it went of their system years ago then phoned landlord, pity he didn't phone me first. By the time I got there Landlord had already smashed the ext bell but alarm did'nt stop inside so he hit internal with a hammer as well, apparently there was still a siren going so he decided to chop all the wiring going into the panel. Well obviously that stopped it dead so there was nothing I could do, waiting now for them to decide who's going to pay for the new system. :hmm: what an A****le.

Customers Love us, Intruders Hate us.

Archived