Security Installer Community

Getting Work ?

if your getting 1 enq/5000 and you need (due to conversion rate) 10 enq/week then you need to put out 50,000 leaflets/week. as posted above - its a numbers game.

we used to carry 2 types of leaflet, 1st for new systems, 2nd for service/repairs. then went round all weathers, after every install/maint/call out etc and forced ourselves to put them out. became experts at letterboxes, nippy dogs and looking for hidden/dummy bellboxes. still get reckys from ppl who started out with us through leaflet donkey's yrs later.

what ever route you go - activity is the key.

Aint it great slipping down peoples drives on your butt in the snow trying to deliver leaflets LOL

Customers Love us, Intruders Hate us.

that makes you one of the 4999 out of the 5000. did you order take away pizza off leaflet or did you phone mates etc.

numbers game.

tele sales ppl get it in ear (:) ) are they bothered? they dont care abt you just the one person out the 1000's that say yes.

There are much much better ways then leaflets, but to be honest, i ain't gonna post them on here am i?

Leaflets are for throw away cheap purchases IMO, our industry is much more suited to targeted mail shots.

There are much much better ways then leaflets, but to be honest, i ain't gonna post them on here am i?

Leaflets are for throw away cheap purchases IMO, our industry is much more suited to targeted mail shots.

Mate: I'm open to all suggestions (Polite) if you have any advice, please feel free to PM me.

Andy

agree better ways, not gonna be shooting own foot either other than by generalising, which i dont mind cos i know 99.99% wont bother.

also think better ways than targeted mailshots. like leaflets need to hit right person at right time. i mentioned we used to carry two types of leaflet which gives in effect targeted & 1 in 1000 enq rate. you dont have to be cheap if the maint leaflet going into existing systems homes :whistle:

residential/business think small firms need a good mix if doing mainly intruder. leaflets are a proven (hard graft) way of building database to get all elusive reckys.

Have another 2.000 Leaflets left to put out, so there goes another pair of shoes LOL, then it's time for a serious re-think.

Maybe it's time to take up something sensible, would have tried prostitution but my missus said no one would pay me for it :whistle: anyone know any Bank robbers that need a system sorted?

We must have taken at least 60 monitored systems off the 2 big nationals by knocking on doors and selling our company to them.

I posted some info with our prices to a few domestics i once looked after many years ago while working for a very large local comapany that sold out to a national and got 70% take up on our maintenace services.

Think i've been going about this the wrong way, i've been targeting normal property in high crime areas. Maybe I should have gone for the high end houses instead, did'nt bother doing these as most of the owners seem to love themselves & would'nt expect them to take notice of a leaflet.

Have another 2.000 Leaflets left to put out, so there goes another pair of shoes LOL, then it's time for a serious re-think.

Maybe it's time to take up something sensible, would have tried prostitution but my missus said no one would pay me for it :whistle: anyone know any Bank robbers that need a system sorted?

Let biffa help ya.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Think i've been going about this the wrong way, i've been targeting normal property in high crime areas. Maybe I should have gone for the high end houses instead, did'nt bother doing these as most of the owners seem to love themselves & would'nt expect them to take notice of a leaflet.

I think you are wrong in what you have been doing. Rich people are rich for the sole reason they are tight as ****! Waft a deal under their nose and they will soon perk up. I'm not saying you have to be as cheap as me! But just a little less than they are paying and you'll get their interest.

Archived