Security Installer Community

Getting Work ?

Hi I am new to the forum.

I have been in the security industry now for 6 years, have just started up on my own. but not getting any new work.

My question is what have people found to be the best ways to get work?

I have got a website now and have just got it showing up in Google searches etc, have also posted around 1500 leaflets in local area?

Any help advice would be great.

cheers

Do you advertise in the yellow pages/local paper?

Do you do subcontract work for other companies?

Also have you tried joining a business networking group like the BNI etc?

These have all helped where I work grow into the company it is today

Hey Ho, Lets Go

Not trying to be negative mate, but whoever done your website wants shooting.

I didnt get on with yellow toilet paper or yell.cum, so i wouldnt recommend them.

Leaflets have never worked either.

Unless you buy a ready made business it will always be a hard slog to start with. When i started, i used to do one off call outs and other silly jobs, i guess you need to at first - till your name gets round, until you end up in the right place at the right time, and someone you've work for recommends you to some chap with loads of property.

also link your site on google maps

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

converted quotes from y pages etc just abt cover cost of ad though assuming you do good work the reckys are foc.

webby quotes tend to be messers esp those who cut & paste other quotes they've had.

leaflets work but if ever there was a numbers game thats it. 1 enq/1000 on well designed. need to be cheap to get good conversion rate. reckys from them will want cheap etc so spiral down.

its a 22. you need reckys to get better work, but you need existing customers to start with. thats why most start by being cheap, then live to regret it.

suggest you start with your circles of influence. ppl you know, ppl they know. dont be shy tell them all what you do etc..

If your in Wales don't bother with leaflets they don't seem to work, we've done over 5,000 in the last few months & had 1 enquiry from a total muppet who wanted a top of the range Wireless system for virtually nothing as he's Disabled, Unemployed & Old. Good luck though & don't give up.

Customers Love us, Intruders Hate us.

if your getting 1 enq/5000 and you need (due to conversion rate) 10 enq/week then you need to put out 50,000 leaflets/week. as posted above - its a numbers game.

we used to carry 2 types of leaflet, 1st for new systems, 2nd for service/repairs. then went round all weathers, after every install/maint/call out etc and forced ourselves to put them out. became experts at letterboxes, nippy dogs and looking for hidden/dummy bellboxes. still get reckys from ppl who started out with us through leaflet donkey's yrs later.

what ever route you go - activity is the key.

we don't do leaflets for one reason if nothing else, every leaflet i get i bin it. If i needsomething doing and don't know anyone, i ring around mates, someone has always used somebody.

that makes you one of the 4999 out of the 5000. did you order take away pizza off leaflet or did you phone mates etc.

numbers game.

tele sales ppl get it in ear (:) ) are they bothered? they dont care abt you just the one person out the 1000's that say yes.

Archived