Security Installer Community

Ncr Pads

MrHappy

Net. really? its something we are/were doing when I have the time to write it.

what are the downside bits. and do the upsides not counter them?

Downside:

1: You loose your server

2: You loss/ break a phone

3: Your data runs out

4; Your web site fails

5: Your power goes on your phone and all records are lost.

Basicaly anything to do with an engineer fckin up or being lazy

Yes theres an upside. but ive just had a very bad run.

Customers!

To be fair all those can be mitigated for.

Brand new phone in pocket. engineer removes keys and drops phone under passing car. Mitigate!

In theory its great

In practice its great

I was just on a downer because of recent events.

Note: Our web app has been down for almost a month. Not saying our customers ever use the web front end to get copy job sheets but we have to offer this.

Customers!

Note: Our web app has been down for almost a month. Not saying our customers ever use the web front end to get copy job sheets but we have to offer this.

how many complaints have you had? none ? bin it.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

how many complaints have you had? none ? bin it.

Couldnt agree more. problem with PDA jobsheets is you have to give a customer copy. Now i could use blue tooth printer (err no). Others claim they e-mail or fax to customer (err no). So here we offer a service that satisfys all procedures. Our customers have access to ALL service history via our web interface. All they have to do is use their contract refrence and password and all that paperwork that you guys say you do is available all in one place. Now i dont care that customers dont use it. Its something that im required to provide. Its worked fine for years but no one ever goes their. Now its not working and im bothered.:(

Customers!

just mailmerge.

no letterheads, no ncr forms, do all inhouse. even nsi catching up with new webby for certs.

I intend to ditch letter heads shortly,

a half way house between full access to the data base & a glorified electronic version of a paper pad would suit me for the cmv & pmv forms

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

how do hey come out?

i have ours saved as original pdf, but couldn't be arsed printing them as i thought it would look a bit rough.

For most types of correspondence - invoices, standing order forms etc - it'll do.

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

I intend to ditch letter heads shortly,

a half way house between full access to the data base & a glorified electronic version of a paper pad would suit me for the cmv & pmv forms

as #5.

single copy word doc, word art letter heading, address info in footer (we merge with db for details) with form on sheet.

if customer wants copy we post. simples & (can be*) cheap.

every doc we use from minor works to afd we do the same.

*cover letter paper aint cheap £20/ream? but only use for quotes top copy (oh & guarantees)

Archived