Security Installer Community

Ncr Pads

MrHappy

Downside:

1: You loose your server

2: You loss/ break a phone

3: Your data runs out

4; Your web site fails

5: Your power goes on your phone and all records are lost.

Basicaly anything to do with an engineer fckin up or being lazy

Yes theres an upside. but ive just had a very bad run.

1: Backup and Backup again

2: ? new phone reloaded from backup (i actually bought 2 the same instead of paying insurance)

3: extra hard drive./s or be ready with more bog rolls ;)

4: decent hosting firm

5: phone battery dead would deny access, i carry a mains charger just for long on site sessions, but memory is non volatile and even so should be backed up daily at least.

i'm not having a go :), just thought well worth reminding all of us -:

any technology can turn and bite you really hard in the ass, we are all very lax until that first time th vital hard drive crashes leaving you stranded and in hock, so you really do have to be religiously proactive and disciplined to avoid or at least mitigating disasters, by having the ability to recover in place - and tested routine - to recover in toot sweet time.

external hard drives are cheap, on line storage/backup is a readily available and a cheap enough option, you can zip and encrypt data if your unsure of the security issues. then even if your unlucky enough to have an office fire, your 'mission critical' data is safe and can easily be restored from the off site storage, so a cheapy/borrowed lappy and some decent swearing and you will soon back in business with the least operational (and that means financial) damage caused.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

well i've tried really hard but tbh no i don't.

Clearly.

imho the letter head serves more to identify you or more so your alleged employee as to being from that company when you/they present to the counter to obtain kit on account, my ugly muysh is not as hard to forget as it is to voluntarily remember.

Where did trade counters come into it?

And i've never yet had to show anything that could be associated to a letterhead/logo when collecting from trade counters - Including both ADI and Norbain.

vendor issues several £k of kit to an unknown fac,e who claims to be from your company, they may even have an 'order'. it can be better checked against that known letter head no matter how produced as an initial validity check.

As above, yet to see it, and why would a trade counter have access to your letterhead?

tbh bit old school now since advent of email and most people in our business having mobiles.

Exactly. A relic of a procedure by pen pushers

any technology can turn and bite you really hard in the ass, we are all very lax until that first time th vital hard drive crashes leaving you stranded and in hock, so you really do have to be religiously proactive and disciplined to avoid or at least mitigating disasters, by having the ability to recover in place - and tested routine - to recover in toot sweet time.

you will soon back in business with the least operational (and that means financial) damage caused.

Good advice arf.

(reckon jeff knows as its a nsi requirement, not so sure powers that be are full up on all the options though :whistle: )

I take it you don't see the irony in your own statement then?

lol. luv him.

Archived