Security Installer Community

Ncr Pads

MrHappy

as #5.

single copy word doc, word art letter heading, address info in footer (we merge with db for details) with form on sheet.

if customer wants copy we post. simples & (can be*) cheap.

every doc we use from minor works to afd we do the same.

*cover letter paper aint cheap £20/ream? but only use for quotes top copy (oh & guarantees)

I did our letter head design so i have it saved in a way it can be copy and pasted into any word document, i did think about merge, but what do you do if a call comes in and the engineer hasn't got a print out?

plus the fact its about £80 for 1000 3 part NCR forms glued into 100's.

I did our letter head design so i have it saved in a way it can be copy and pasted into any word document, i did think about merge, but what do you do if a call comes in and the engineer hasn't got a print out?

plus the fact its about £80 for 1000 3 part NCR forms glued into 100's.

print blanks for van.

£3/ream + ink

we got at a guess 30odd forms/letters.

maybe 50odd if incl the once in blue moon stuff we send out. then there's inhouse stuff (meter calibration forms and carp like that)..

Just about from inception I've made my own letterheads in word processors.

When colour bubble jets came about I bout one after one client said they stand out from photo states.

I now email most paperwork so paper quality Is pout of my control, I also find clients keep electronic quoted longer than paper ones. If you loose then later the winner is s ****** you are easier to review and get later work.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Most run you through credit agency based on post code, when was the last time you opened a business account?

I am well aware of how most companies do credit checks. You'll find they go a little deeper than your postcode too - if they've any sense. My point was why the requirement for a Letterhead? What security does that offer?

Two examples for you.

ADATA

ADI Gardiner - Don't matter how long they've known you. Accounts dept say no Letterhead, no account.

Now, relate that to the various comments above regarding printing your own.

I have accounts with both, both accepted my in house produced letter heads.

anyone can knock one up, it's not proof you are legit but is a method to filter out attempted frauds by others against you - not them!

Arfur

I have accounts with both, both accepted my in house produced letter heads.

anyone can knock one up, it's not proof you are legit but is a method to filter out attempted frauds by others against you - not them!

Arfur

I take it you don't see the irony in your own statement then?

I take it you don't see the irony in your own statement then?

well i've tried really hard but tbh no i don't.

imho the letter head serves more to identify you or more so your alleged employee as to being from that company when you/they present to the counter to obtain kit on account, my ugly muysh is not as hard to forget as it is to voluntarily remember.

vendor issues several £k of kit to an unknown fac,e who claims to be from your company, they may even have an 'order'. it can be better checked against that known letter head no matter how produced as an initial validity check.

tbh bit old school now since advent of email and most people in our business having mobiles.

Arfur

Archived