Security Installer Community

Radio

IAS

too many times now when we`re called out the background RRSI is off the scale and thats out of our control.

How far away from the panel is the receiver and what have you wired it in?

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

How far away from the panel is the receiver and what have you wired it in?

device RRSI - 86%

background RSSI - 8%

threashold set at 24% (3 points higher)

everything should be perfect and it is, until some muppet next door buys a second hand drill from a car boot sale, wirelss doorbell from poundland or the fabled mobile beer pump .............. forget it, I`ll re tile your floor so I can run that cable instead (ALL real life examples)

Bump the threashold up?

Filtering on the panel PSU may also help as two of the reasons you mention are EMI related.

And I stand to be corrected on this, but shouldnt the receiver be wired in Beldon even though it the docs dont say so?

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

Bump the threashold up?

Filtering on the panel PSU may also help as two of the reasons you mention are EMI related.

And I stand to be corrected on this, but shouldnt the receiver be wired in Beldon even though it the docs dont say so?

if i have to fix any systems for that saucy pair, then i will want payment in advance and in full, unfortunately, this kind of payment will take 3 - 5 days to clear ;) so i'll sen a photo.

im' thinking it is risco gear, if so the Rx has a pre-made cable of about a foot long, which is about long enough to reach outside the box, and the Rx is housed in plastic.

given most popular panel location is in the same cupboard as the consumer unit, if so, given the readings i'd try move it well away from any electrical sources.

regs

Arfur Mo

just to clarify, which Risco panel are you using?

if the Agility you can use their 2 way PIRs which imo are good too?

regs

Arfur Mo

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Bump the threashold up?

Cabling in Belden, might, just might make a difference if you were in a very noisy environment and it was on a longish run. The signal down the cable has already been processed so any RF noise is as likely to affect other devices/kit also.

Bump the threashold up?

bump the threashold up? where do you stop? 40% 60% or where the radio TX/RX interface is too small to trust

Filtering on the panel? this isnt the issue, outside radio traffic is the problem

Wire the reciever in Belden? as above

Luckiy we`ve been able to get to site quickly (family member in this case) and see background RSSI figures go from 8% to 98% as vehicles, icecream vans buses etc go past, did it once, never done it again, I suspect a stealth bomber somewhere in the background.

Just to add, if the cable to the reciever is pretty short that will act as a great antenna/ariel.

Why??

It is already isolated from the RF side of the board

and

It's only a shortish length as supplied by the manufacturer so they would have discovered that problem (if it did actually exist) already.

Archived