Security Installer Community

Radio

IAS

no but it is confience inspiring.

We are currently looking at panel options and the prem was in the list. But i only recently found out it cant do an easy confirm test. Now i love the idea of the radio but it needs to do basic things like that. But i reakon mesh networks are the answer to our rf issues. Granted with honeywell they are very low or non existant but this mesh thing hos so much scope

What do you mean by 'easy confirm test'?

I beta tested the Richochet stuff and have assisted with a couple of installs, it is impressive..........as for reliable, only time will tell.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

What do you mean by 'easy confirm test'?

I beta tested the Richochet stuff and have assisted with a couple of installs, it is impressive..........as for reliable, only time will tell.

On the galaxy you have a 'full test' option. This allows you to set on any circuit. The later gals >v4.04 classic irc allow a 2nd circuit to be added to this test. ie pick any 2 circuits to arm only to do a confirm test. Very useful, infact id say essential.

I was amazed the prem didnt have such a feature.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

On the galaxy you have a 'full test' option. This allows you to set on any circuit. The later gals >v4.04 classic irc allow a 2nd circuit to be added to this test. ie pick any 2 circuits to arm only to do a confirm test. Very useful, infact id say essential.

I was amazed the prem didnt have such a feature.

that's an interesting and useful feature, especially on large systems when you can' close all the zones, i'm just curious James.

on completion smart engineers would test (hopefully!) a system by fully arming, then tripping a couple of night zones to prove confirmed and the signalling pathes, this the 'confirm' action is obviously in software, i wondered anyone knows of any compliant panel that did not confirm properly when tested?

i used to like the ADE ultimate for this reason, you had 8 part sets so i used to have one with a couple of zones on i.e. front door, dinning room lounge for testing signals real handy. also you could select which zones to test on to remove active zones.

ist to use iD capable of 60 zones, it was such an advanced panel for its time imo

regs

Arfur Mo

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

granted the best test is a full arm and then trigger. however on most systems its impossible to do.

Full test imho is as essential feature. else engineers just flick outputs which is no test at all IMHO

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Ultimate was a good panel let down only by the size and build quality of the keypads.

?

agreed, especially the early plastic keys, sellotape to the rescue on many occasions lol!

and what wa that lousy flap all about? imo should have been business card size with clear window slip so you could slide you card behind it.

the latter rubber keys were much better but easily jammed under the cover by long finger nails, a good tip was for anyone with long nails to use their middle knuckle to enter the code,

one client had a 303 'LIVE' round hung near by on a chain, used it as a puck, not sure if it alarm ever plaid up - it was for me cold2.gif

regs

Arfur Mo

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Full test imho is as essential feature. else engineers just flick outputs which is no test at all IMHO

set, trigger a device, unset - set trigger another device anything else just isnt a test at all is it?

Not sure if you missed the point there, gals let you do that in one setting mode.

Anti mask has stopped the "cover the PIR with a post it note" Easilly the best way in a crowded enviroment apart from the fact it made the muppets aware this could be done!

Not sure if you missed the point there, gals let you do that in one setting mode.

Anti mask has stopped the "cover the PIR with a post it note" Easilly the best way in a crowded enviroment apart from the fact it made the muppets aware this could be done!

nah, just taking James`s nuorosis (sic) to it`s natural limit, if an output test isn`t "real" how "real" is a "special" test facility.

has anyone ever stood and waited an hour to test the system does send "exclude"? hmm?

Archived