Security Installer Community

Radio

IAS

What problems have you had???

We have fitted about 15 risco 490 - 595 with radio kit, wothout any problems. TBH i would never put one on police responce.

We have also fitted some scantroninc 8ch radio recievers tripping zones on a G3-48

What problems have you had???

We have fitted about 15 risco 490 - 595 with radio kit, wothout any problems. TBH i would never put one on police responce.

We have also fitted some scantroninc 8ch radio recievers tripping zones on a G3-48

Paul

I would of agreed with you before we tested the honeywell radio. Have to admin we havnt had a single problem. Now the portal is available on the Dimension then I would use it on the bigger stuff too.

I do have honeywell G2-20's with All Rf on police response. To be fair we also have some smaller powermax's so i dont really see it as an issue. We did however some years ago fit a rokonet nova standalone reciever and door contact on a garage. Had to pull it out in the end and do as whistle did and use the old scantronic 46xx based stuff. Not a problem then

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

big problems with signal loss after three or four years, we can almost bet which sites going to ring in next

Not changing the batts enough?

Some say 3 yrs but in reality I was changing at 2 yrs.

To add to the above.

I reakon the best wireless system out there (and this is theory as i havnt fitted it) is the new mesh based texecom. Cant see how you would ever have a signal issue with that

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

thought the same but not in this case, brand new batteries and still failing as regular as clockwork

To add to the above.

I reakon the best wireless system out there (and this is theory as i havnt fitted it) is the new mesh based texecom. Cant see how you would ever have a signal issue with that

famously one street lost all radio signals when someone set up a temporary bar in their back garden for a BBQ

Saying that i almost forgot, we have 3 x Galaxy 2's with portals two are well over a year old and no problems at all. One Site has 16 shocks on it (vipers) wireless as well as about 20 wired zones. Not a single FA in 2 years, so yes i rate the honeywell stuff.

has anyone else stopped "using it" never again will we fit another radio device.

can i ask what kit have you been using?

i was a very reluctant convert to using radio devices, having suffered the early inception and serious problems with battery life and no device monitoring for flat batteries.

i've used Gardtec Risco wired kit for many years, with a couple of DOA's i can say not had a single unexplained issue with any of their radio gear, hybrid or dedicated Agility over at least the past 5 years, including external radio 'watchouts' IR radio detectors.

not meaning to teach you how to suck eggs, with all due respects any detection wired or radio, placement is just so key to avoid false alarms, but often strangely overlooked.

might be my service engineer attitude, but i always place mine with that as the first consideration. if my system/s 'cries wolf' its not going to be effective as a deterrent after the first couple of F/As. so they are not placed above radiators or near air bricks, and i won't use standard radio pir's in sheds or garages for instance.

another easily missed cause is reflections from glossy furniture from sun light on blustery days, and fast moving clouds, by the time you get there the Sun has gone in or the clouds have disappeared.

so catchment is the second consideration, even if it means using 2 devices back to back to get the needed coverage.

while this 'ethos' means more capital cost at times, if it saves me just one call back it has saved me lots of money and my reputation for known reliability remains in tact - one of the biggest selling points you can ever have, so i treasure it as i do with my peace and quiet.

regs

Arfur Mo

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

thought the same but not in this case, brand new batteries and still failing as regular as clockwork

Remember Gal has a faulty batch that drained life rapidly

famously one street lost all radio signals when someone set up a temporary bar in their back garden for a BBQ

Radios? Mobiles? Alarms, must have had a few in one street.

Archived