Security Installer Community

Radio

IAS

ah ha! the bulb turns on -:

now we know it is a supervision issue not false alarms i.e. 'device lost' , EN made the transmission times from detectors to be shorter than the Garedtec send detectors out defaulted to, but the EN selection in the panel reduces this time period.

to cure, to move the link in the detector so it transmits the 'i am here' signal more often and problem solved.

So Paul, shall i pm my address for the payment?

if so within 30 days please - and gallon of Glenfiddich 18 year single malt will do for starters :whistle:

regs

Arfur Mo

just to add - i do know many many standars James ;)

I`ll have a look into that, cheers

but it's still OTT on cost IMO

I dont know costs but if its rock solid then unless its deal breakingly dear it would be better long term. I like to use stuff that is rock solid, and to be fair I find the honeywell rf is. But i think the tex theory is better.

%wise how much more is it?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Guest RJBsec

%wise how much more is it?

IIRC it was almost double on the detector prices, not in itself a killer but having to use Texecom panels plus already having a suitable option for most radio applications I didn't see the need to change.

I can't argue on the principle and usefulness of the system, i.e. using detectors as repeaters and 'finding' new paths if one path is lost but even then there are limitations.

Examples given like being able to span 1/2 kilometer or more ... not sure that I would be wanting to put radio in on a site that needed that.

IIRC it was almost double on the detector prices, not in itself a killer but having to use Texecom panels plus already having a suitable option for most radio applications I didn't see the need to change.

I can't argue on the principle and usefulness of the system, i.e. using detectors as repeaters and 'finding' new paths if one path is lost but even then there are limitations.

Examples given like being able to span 1/2 kilometer or more ... not sure that I would be wanting to put radio in on a site that needed that.

no but it is confience inspiring.

We are currently looking at panel options and the prem was in the list. But i only recently found out it cant do an easy confirm test. Now i love the idea of the radio but it needs to do basic things like that. But i reakon mesh networks are the answer to our rf issues. Granted with honeywell they are very low or non existant but this mesh thing hos so much scope

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I`ll have a look into that, cheers

Hi Paul,

i'm 100% sure that timing setting is your issue, look in the detector manual it shows the difference between them for switch 4. i think Uk (from BS regs days) was 60 mins between sends, and EN required 15 Mins. it would be god if they made it clearer in the paperwrk for EN systems (which mos will be now) you had to move from default.

obviously it would make more sense for Risco to send them out with the shorter EN compliant period set, but i suspect they don't, as it will lower the estimated battery life times from those published (if so a bit naughty of them imo).

tbh given you were saying a lot so installs, so potentially a lot of time to spend for free, changing the setting.

imo best be prudent and phone tech to confirm what i say.

regs and good luck

Arfur Mo

(btw - whiskey is not fattening, so you will be assisting my special diet ;) ).

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Hi Paul,

i'm 100% sure that timing setting is your issue, look in the detector manual it shows the difference between them for switch 4. i think Uk (from BS regs days) was 60 mins between sends, and EN required 15 Mins. it would be god if they made it clearer in the paperwrk for EN systems (which mos will be now) you had to move from default.

obviously it would make more sense for Risco to send them out with the shorter EN compliant period set, but i suspect they don't, as it will lower the estimated battery life times from those published (if so a bit naughty of them imo).

tbh given you were saying a lot so installs, so potentially a lot of time to spend for free, changing the setting.

imo best be prudent and phone tech to confirm what i say.

regs and good luck

Arfur Mo

(btw - whiskey is not fattening, so you will be assisting my special diet ;) ).

A couple of sites without a doubt may be due to this, most IIRC are not EN and of the ones I know that are EN few of those seem to have the issue, nighmare all round - I will keep you informed

Paul,

it will not hurt to move the switch even on the non EN sites, as the panel expects a signal every 60 mins which is the maximum gap, so sending every 15 minutes will do no harm, but it will use the batteries a little quicker.

regs

Arfur Mo.

Paul,

it will not hurt to move the switch even on the non EN sites, as the panel expects a signal every 60 mins which is the maximum gap, so sending every 15 minutes will do no harm, but it will use the batteries a little quicker.

regs

Arfur Mo.

If it`s true, it`s only a small part of whats causing the problems. I`m sure I said at the top there are just too many variables out of my control with radio.

We`ve had a return to basics, new tools (cavity rods and 150MM board cutters to name a couple) new techniques (no skirting board is safe when confronted with a laminate floor) and seriously - we have 300M of 10pr SWA left.

How well do I sleep now at night.

I`m sure I said at the top there are just too many variables out of my control with radio.

............new tools (cavity rods and 150MM board cutters to name a couple) new techniques (no skirting board is safe when confronted with a laminate floor) and seriously - we have 300M of 10pr SWA left.

How well do I sleep now at night.

bugger, so i assume my gallon of GF 18 year single malt - is on ice then :'(

a well , back to the rusty tin of Ovaltine for me :cold2:

i'm in no way intending to run you into the ground on this aspect, imo no matter what level of skill yo have (actual or imagined), your always best to fit what you are both comfortable with and can service with total confidence, as that element is easily transmitted to the clients, simply a sound and intelligent business strategy.

my advice is nver trust the reps enthusiasm, where you can, always always test kit at home/office over a decent period, then run a few on local installs, perhaps with clients who understand they are the test sites, and so have got their alarms at a favourable rate because of it.

anway, works for me ;)

regs

Arfur Mo

Archived