Security Installer Community

Radio

IAS

to be fair thats not a bad call ie short length or length of cable and tuning of aeriels. There are some proper radio experts on here that will no more. BUt i dont think in this canse its related as that would be causing data issues, not rf signal noise issues. I suppose the only way arround that is a different channel and or freq.

But the main issue IMO is that this risco gear is only 1 way rf. ie the sensor sends a burst of rf assuming at lease one will get through. WIth 2 way radio the sensor is waiting for an ack signal from the reciever. If it doesnt get one, it knows the signal didnt arrive and will retransmit. 1 way radio cant do this.

ALso with the honeywell way you can have multiple receivers, the if noise is affecting the path to one rx the other should be clear.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

to be fair thats not a bad call ie short length or length of cable and tuning of aeriels. There are some proper radio experts on here that will no more. BUt i dont think in this canse its related as that would be causing data issues, not rf signal noise issues. I suppose the only way arround that is a different channel and or freq.

But the main issue IMO is that this risco gear is only 1 way rf. ie the sensor sends a burst of rf assuming at lease one will get through. WIth 2 way radio the sensor is waiting for an ack signal from the reciever. If it doesnt get one, it knows the signal didnt arrive and will retransmit. 1 way radio cant do this.

ALso with the honeywell way you can have multiple receivers, the if noise is affecting the path to one rx the other should be clear.

Wouldn`t help, the Risco kit is looking for the signal if it misses one (in three hours) it goes into "loss" and thats what I`m moaning about. That and the fact ones left guessing rather than having a piece of cable in hand to connect a test meter to.

We are on the return path for the Red Arrows - hmm?

Why??

It is already isolated from the RF side of the board

and

It's only a shortish length as supplied by the manufacturer so they would have discovered that problem (if it did actually exist) already.

Hi Cubit, ben long time matey hoe your well.

i think the theory is the short wire acting as an aerial, might match the frequency used, or a harmonic of.

like you i don't think so and with stated levels more like a denial due to swamping.

personally i'd look to see if there i a local radio/phone mast or more likely a pirate radio station near by.

regs

Arfur Mo

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Wouldn`t help, the Risco kit is looking for the signal if it misses one (in three hours) it goes into "loss" and thats what I`m moaning about. That and the fact ones left guessing rather than having a piece of cable in hand to connect a test meter to.

We are on the return path for the Red Arrows - hmm?

Paul

we are taling different things

Your talking about supervision, im talking full 2 way radio including supervision.

for example old style radio (risco in his example) sends a burst of signals when it wants to, ie on alarm, tamper or sending the 'im still here' signal.

However if you notice the detector sends it more often than in needs to on the assumption that it will miss say 3 (1 per hour) before going into 'supervision' failure.

so when it sends this burst of signals its assumes that one of them will be recieved in that small time window. If its sending its burst when there is jamming or interference etc then none will get through. That is true with 2 way radio. The difference is the detector is expecting an ack signal (think kiss off on digis) and if it doesnt get this acknowledge it will retransmit, and retransmit etc.

So old way you have 1 chnace of it getting through if it cant your screwed (as you are) however with 2 way the detectors retry over a longer period because they know it wasnt recieved. This has many advatages, in a clean environemnt the first signal will get through so it doesnt waste power sending multiple signals, so better batt life.

If it were me then id pull the gear and swap it for something else, even if only in part to prove the stability of the new gear. Id obviously use honeywell and portals, but id be tempted on a problem site to use that new texecom stuff.

James

Guest RJBsec

I would concur with the stability of the Honeywell kit - use G2 with the radio peripherals and both stable and good battery life, the quoted 3-5 years is sound even with the original 1-way PIR's. Another advantage is the option to use 2 rfPortals - did a site recently which was quite long so I used an rfPortal near each end; all detectors reach both portals but it means that all detectors have good signal reception from one or the other.

The Ricochet kit seems very good but it is expensive in comparison and as yet can only be used as an add-on to a Texecom panel.

The Ricochet kit seems very good but it is expensive in comparison and as yet can only be used as an add-on to a Texecom panel.

Can you use the honeywell rf standalone?

6 core seems to be working best for us .........

LOL

Guest RJBsec

Can you use the honeywell rf standalone?

Well yes, sort of, you can use the detectors if you use a Domonial panel (don't!)

I wouldn't move to Texecom panels just to use the Ricochet - when they bring out the universal interface then I might try it ... but it's still OTT on cost IMO.

ah ha! the bulb turns on -:

now we know it is a supervision issue not false alarms i.e. 'device lost' , EN made the transmission times from detectors to be shorter than the Garedtec send detectors out defaulted to, but the EN selection in the panel reduces this time period.

to cure, to move the link in the detector so it transmits the 'i am here' signal more often and problem solved.

So Paul, shall i pm my address for the payment?

if so within 30 days please - and gallon of Glenfiddich 18 year single malt will do for starters :whistle:

regs

Arfur Mo

just to add - i do know many many standars James ;)

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived