Security Installer Community

Dragging My Scantronic Into The 21st Century!

pinter75

Postie will pick up in morning, you'll get it day after.

Ace, should be here in time for the weekend, many many thanks for this! I have the webserver part done, and the code is nearly finitoed. I'll add the relay board and see if all this is gonna work :-)

Costs so far -

Guest old-hand
Ace, should be here in time for the weekend, many many thanks for this! I have the webserver part done, and the code is nearly finitoed. I'll add the relay board and see if all this is gonna work :-)

Costs so far -

Apart from your maybe learning something my only thought is why bother?

Because I am slightly paranoid of fire. This setup will tell me what triggered the alarm, and give me really basic controls such as silencing the external bells.

And yup, it is all about learning. By doing this it opens up a world of opportunities for web based remote control and reporting projets.

I like "projects"

pinter

THis webserver module your using. What is it and how much was that?

I posted some info further up the thread, page 1 I think.

It is basically and Arduino board, with an ethernet module added. The code on the Arduino acts as a basic TCP/IP web server or client. I got mine delivered this morning and so far have it reporting the events triggered (Intruder/Fire/Panic). I am now adding some extra code to give me remote control of the external bell (on/off).

As for costs the ethernet board was

Archived