Security Installer Community

Dragging My Scantronic Into The 21st Century!

pinter75

Yes that is exactly why, anyone remeber those early ADE panels with RKPs?

Can't remember what they were called now (was it genesis)?

They were a polycarb end station similar to an Optima with a very small RKP which required a 12 core, they really were a PITA to wire because there was very little room in the keypad.

Was called "Concept" but it was the first ones with the flat keypad that was 12core, if you got a later one with the rubber keys it was only 6 core

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Was called "Concept" but it was the first ones with the flat keypad that was 12core, if you got a later one with the rubber keys it was only 6 core

Yes that was the one!

I only ever used the one with the flat keypad, the keypads developed holes after a few years like the old optimas

Yes that was the one!

I only ever used the one with the flat keypad, the keypads developed holes after a few years like the old optimas

ADE used to sell the plastic stickers to replace the holed ones (well the black optima ones - dunno abt concept.). Pain to get the old one off so used to stick new straight over the top.

Guess a bit off topic now, sorry OP!

We are due to remove a 9100 next week has 2 brass flush RKP's with it.

Bad news is I fitted it originaly.

bet your gutted arnt you paul :lol:

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

We are due to remove a 9100 next week has 2 brass flush RKP's with it.

Bad news is I fitted it originaly.

What happens to old panels that are removed by you guys (installers)? Do you bung them on eBay or place them carefully in a skip?

Guest old-hand
What happens to old panels that are removed by you guys (installers)? Do you bung them on eBay or place them carefully in a skip?

Skip

Archived