Security Installer Community

Dragging My Scantronic Into The 21st Century!

pinter75

Postie will pick up in morning, you'll get it day after.

Got it this morning, exactly what I need (I think). You are a star :-)

(If you use PayPal, let me ping you a pint)

Now here come the questions :-)

Some of the outputs I need clarification on:

Relayed outputs.

FIRE: Is that for the Alram circuit, ie the same as the smoke detector trips?

PA: Panic Buttons

BUR: Intruder?

OC: ?

TROUBLE: Could that be tamper?

LO BAT: Low backup battery.

TECH ALM: Call engineer?

ALARM:

Non relayed outputs, are these for a communicator?

LINE FAIL: telephone carrier?

DELAY OVRID: ?

TELL BACK: ?

RESET: ?

If anyone rembers what these do, great. Else I will just plug it in and trip things to see what relays work etc.

cheers!

Got it this morning, exactly what I need (I think). You are a star :-)

(If you use PayPal, let me ping you a pint)

Now here come the questions :-)

Some of the outputs I need clarification on:

Relayed outputs.

FIRE: Is that for the Alram circuit, ie the same as the smoke detector trips?

PA: Panic Buttons

BUR: Intruder?

OC: ?

TROUBLE: Could that be tamper?

LO BAT: Low backup battery.

TECH ALM: Call engineer?

ALARM:

Non relayed outputs, are these for a communicator?

LINE FAIL: telephone carrier?

DELAY OVRID: ?

TELL BACK: ?

RESET: ?

If anyone rembers what these do, great. Else I will just plug it in and trip things to see what relays work etc.

cheers!

Please bear in mind I am going purely on memory here and I haven't used one of those relay boards since about 1999.

Fire will trigger if the fire zone activates, this should trigger irrespective of whether the system is set or in day mode (unset)

PA will trigger in response to a personal attack zone and again set or unset.

Bur Will trigger in response to an intruder alarm when the system is set.

OC Means open/closed, it will toggle in response to the system being set and unset.

Can't remeber what trouble does but it may activate if the exit time expires to indicate that the system hasn't set or it may trigger after a period of mains failure or it may be a tamper activation.

Low battery triggers if the mains fails and the battery voltage drops (to 10 volts I think but not sure)

Tech alarm triggers in response to a 24 hour activation (not tamper).

The non relay inputs are I believe inputs rather than outputs and are as follows.

Line fail this would be connected to the line fail output on a communicator and is used by the 9100 to display line fault info and to over ride bell delay.

Can't remember what tell back is but I think it was an input which could be activated remotely by an alarm recieving centre.

Reset If the system was programmed for engineer reset the reset could be carried out remotely by pinging this input (via red care)

I will emphasise that it has been a long time and to be honest many of the functions you are asking about were usually carried out via a dedicated comms device such as a red-care transmitter or digital communicator which plugs on the same pins so we didn't use the relay boards very often.

Hopefully I have helped a bit but don't take my word for any of it!

Glad you can make use of the board, though as mentioned by others, not sure how secure your system will end up - but certainly reads like your having fun :)

The board was an interface between panel and a stand alone communicator if you wernt using the plug on ones and pretty much as lawandorder says:

Outputs from board trigger inputs on communicator thus:

Fire, Panic button, Intruder, open/close (set/unset), trouble (system been set with a zone omitted), low battery, Tech (to monitor a specific bit of kit or eqpt, say freezer, boiler).

Inputs to board:

Line failure, delay overide (cancels any bell delay), tell back (changes system from eng reset to customer reset - if arc verified customer on site).

This thread is making for excellent reading-hat off to the OP and respective replies-well done chaps (and chappesses if there are any).

Richard.

I agree, it is a very interesting thread and the OP is to be congratulated on both his inventiveness and willingness to apply the "bag for life" principle to an alarm installation.

Thanks guys,

I should say that I have never been on a forum (and I have been about a bit) where everyone is so helpfull to the extent that I get bits throught the post that are normally hard to find, free!

Also I have people helping me out with manuals etc.

Looks like I will be able to connect this up to the alarm soon and see if it does work :-)

cheers, beers all round!

Archived