Security Installer Community

Dragging My Scantronic Into The 21st Century!

pinter75

Incidentally I don't think there is a way of setting the sytem without a keypad but I haven't got a manual to hand so not sure.

Yes you can, have done it many times way back in the distant past.

I'll have a rummage around this evening to see if I can find the info.

10 CORE :o:ninja:

Oh dear, these youngsters today, they have it SO easy now :P:rolleyes::lol::punk:

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

I would say that the 9100 was possibly one of the best selling panels of all time, it's possibly one of the only "non lcd" panels that I could still program without a manual. (and without reading the cheat sheet inside the lid).

A true classic, remeber the keypad wiring though? 10 core to first RKP then 10 core to next etc. PITA!

Yer, & the flush fitting brass keypad sold the system to posh houses. Bought my first flat on strength of that panel/keypad combo.

Still got reckon 20 odd 9100's still on maint.

Yer, & the flush fitting brass keypad sold the system to posh houses. Bought my first flat on strength of that panel/keypad combo.

The brass flush keypad is on eBay at the moment :-)

I do have 2 remote keypads, but only one is wired in. If the panel can be armed without the keypad code entered, then I will be putting in a rfid reader at the entry door.

Well in fairness we would usually run a 12 but I'm pretty sure you only needed 10

bloomin hell :o thats alot of cores, how come it was that many,

lets see if i can work this out

+12v

0V

tamper

tamper

data in

data out

no thats it i give up :(

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

In them days colin data was sent parallel. lol.

what you mean sent in parrallell hpotter?

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

In them days colin data was sent parallel. lol.

Yes that is exactly why, anyone remeber those early ADE panels with RKPs?

Can't remember what they were called now (was it genesis)?

They were a polycarb end station similar to an Optima with a very small RKP which required a 12 core, they really were a PITA to wire because there was very little room in the keypad.

what you mean sent in parrallell hpotter?

Like parallel & serial bus on computers (got an old printer lying around? see the size of connection, not usb -universal serial bus)

8 bits & power on dem old panels!

Yes you can, have done it many times way back in the distant past.

I'll have a rummage around this evening to see if I can find the info.

Whoops, I was nearly right, what I was thinking of was Keypad disable, not Keypad 'on / off' - sorry

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Archived