Security Installer Community

New Cctv Install

Driller

You're company sounds absolutely great, there really are some amazing things being produced/installed these days. Do you do any multiroom stuff?

I absolutely appreciate what you're saying about having a professional in and I thank you for the advice. It's temping to just write a cheque and have someone come and do it but...I've really become interested in this whole thing since I installed the alarm. There really is a lot of pleasure to be had from doing the research, planning it out, having a go and coming across problems, solving them and then having a fully working system.

This being the case probably best not to delve too much into IP stuff. I'll leave that to the experts ;)

Hi,

Yes we do multiroom set-ups, Creston, Aurora, Netstreams, Opus Neopro and a couple of others.

The main issues with installing it yourself is sourcing the equipment as most distributors will only sell to the trade. You could try calling some installers though and ask if they would do supply only.

The Samsung SVD 4600 are fantastic static domes, we've installed well over a hundred now and had no issues.

These are far superior to both Night Devil and Dynamic VLD domes. (both in build quality and image) Price does reflect this though.

SVD 4600 work great with IR illuminators too.

SIR-4250S are available from a number of suppliers (Norbain, Dynamic etc) trade only though.

Hi Jeff.

I would like you to bring one to us next time your passing so we can do a direct A-B comparison.

The NiteDevil is

System Q Ltd.

Hi,

Yes we do multiroom set-ups, Creston, Aurora, Netstreams, Opus Neopro and a couple of others.

The main issues with installing it yourself is sourcing the equipment as most distributors will only sell to the trade. You could try calling some installers though and ask if they would do supply only.

Fantastic stuff all that, I love it. It's just a pity it hasn't completely taken off in the UK yet. And also that the half-hearted, cheapo, bodge-it wireless brigade have a foot in as well.

We have a Russound CAV6.6 system which I installed (great fun :) ) I lan to pipe the CCTC into this giving us access in all the 6 zones.

Hopefully I can get all the gear, I'll let you know how I get on.

cheers

• 5 weeks later...

Well I got my gear: SVR960, some SVD4600's and SIR4250's.

I think I'm going to go for a GJD Digizone but what about floods and detectors?

Are 500w floods the ones to go for or are they going to blind the domes, maybe 150w would be a more diffuse, progressive light?

And some folk here have mentioned Optex VX40's and GJD Opal's. What do you recommend for the SVD4600's?

ETA The OPals and the Optex's seem pretty comparable.

We are trade only.

problem is you include the IT trade in that, we were undercut by an IT firm on a CCTV job, using the alienpro. We have the alarm on the same site, the IT firm quoted next to nothing to do the job, wouldn't have got the job if he didn't have access to the alien pro.

Well I got my gear: SVR960, some SVD4600's and SIR4250's.

I think I'm going to go for a GJD Digizone but what about floods and detectors?

Are 500w floods the ones to go for or are they going to blind the domes, maybe 150w would be a more diffuse, progressive light?

And some folk here have mentioned Optex VX40's and GJD Opal's. What do you recommend for the SVD4600's?

ETA The OPals and the Optex's seem pretty comparable.

Go for the Opal Elites or D-Tect Quad/Dual Techs if false alarms are a concearn. The VX-40's will look naff on a domestic and you have to mount them quite low down. The GJD's can be fitted at soffit level (easy to cable through the loft) and then angled wherever you need them.

Trade Member

problem is you include the IT trade in that, we were undercut by an IT firm on a CCTV job, using the alienpro. We have the alarm on the same site, the IT firm quoted next to nothing to do the job, wouldn't have got the job if he didn't have access to the alien pro.

Aaron do you think that an alarm company should have 'access' or should it be for cctv companies only?

Do you also think that its ok for you to get it now, but no-one else should?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

So you don't buy/fit IT equipment??

Go for the Opal Elites or D-Tect Quad/Dual Techs if false alarms are a concearn. The VX-40's will look naff on a domestic and you have to mount them quite low down. The GJD's can be fitted at soffit level (easy to cable through the loft) and then angled wherever you need them.

Thanks for the info. My soffit level is 12M (15 in places) from ground level so I think that's out, although I suppose I would never get any false alarms :P .

(just seen that they go up to 35M, so maybe not a problem)

I'll install them at the same point as the domes, under a brick outcrop about 4M up. The GJD stuff looks good and value for money too.

Could you recommend re the floods, 500 or 150w?

Archived