Security Installer Community

New Cctv Install

Driller

Guest RJBsec

It's not auto focus it's vari-focal and so needs adjustment on 'range' and focus.

Try re-setting the camera through the menu and re-focusing.

It's not auto focus it's vari-focal and so needs adjustment on 'range' and focus.

Try re-setting the camera through the menu and re-focusing.

Yeah it was dumb wasn't it, has a x3.6 varifocal lens. I will have a poke about with it tomorrow.

About the menu: It says in the installation manual that if I connect the RS485 cable to the DVR I can control the OSD menu with DVR. However when I connect the cable and go into the menu on the DVR it is very limited.

Is it normal to not have full access to the cameras OSD even with RS485?

I have spent the last 2 days fitting 31 domes in a high school, once you've done a few it's easy, although some of these ceiling tiles have been right //.B.W.F.// to get out.

IMAGE_269.jpg

Are you sure there is no more adjustment on the camera position? You should'nt have too many problems getting them to point down the wall of your house. How much of the house are you losing?

With regards to the out of focus camera, I tend to find that most cameras come somewhere near "in focus" out of the box. It's possible that this one has been knocked out of focus slightly during transit. That might explain why the other 3 are OK (I doubt they are auto focusing!) There should be two small thumb screws on the actual lenses of the cameras, the front one is used to focus the picture, the back one will zoom in/out. Get it zoomed into where you want and then focus the picture in. This needs two people and walkie talkies/phones or a test monitor. Be prepared for lots of swearing if your better half is the one helping you set them up!

Trade Member

Guest RJBsec
Yeah it was dumb wasn't it, has a x3.6 varifocal lens. I will have a poke about with it tomorrow.

About the menu: It says in the installation manual that if I connect the RS485 cable to the DVR I can control the OSD menu with DVR. However when I connect the cable and go into the menu on the DVR it is very limited.

Is it normal to not have full access to the cameras OSD even with RS485?

Does the camera not have a menu select button on/near the camera pcb?

The DVR display may be limited to 'display' information rather than camera setup information.

I have spent the last 2 days fitting 31 domes in a high school, once you've done a few it's easy, although some of these ceiling tiles have been right //.B.W.F.// to get out.

IMAGE_269.jpg

Are you sure there is no more adjustment on the camera position? You should'nt have too many problems getting them to point down the wall of your house. How much of the house are you losing?

With regards to the out of focus camera, I tend to find that most cameras come somewhere near "in focus" out of the box. It's possible that this one has been knocked out of focus slightly during transit. That might explain why the other 3 are OK (I doubt they are auto focusing!) There should be two small thumb screws on the actual lenses of the cameras, the front one is used to focus the picture, the back one will zoom in/out. Get it zoomed into where you want and then focus the picture in. This needs two people and walkie talkies/phones or a test monitor. Be prepared for lots of swearing if your better half is the one helping you set them up!

Antinode that looks really neat, did you have to cram much cable into the back of the dome or did it all go through the wall?

I reckon I'm about a meter away from the wall in the images. Maybe I need to zoom out some, although I thought it was at max.

Thanks very much indeed for the detailed explanation, I will try that tomorrow.

What worries me is this line of zeros and dots on just this image and not the others. Surely the DVR is not able to realise that the camera is not focused. The blurred image looks just like my digital camera did after I dropped it and broke the CCD.

Does the camera not have a menu select button on/near the camera pcb?

The DVR display may be limited to 'display' information rather than camera setup information.

Yeah there is a a menu joystick but I was hoping to be able to setup the cameras via RS485 from the comfort of my node zero. Over optimistic perhaps...

Guest RJBsec
Yeah there is a a menu joystick but I was hoping to be able to setup the cameras via RS485 from the comfort of my node zero. Over optimistic perhaps...

Use the joystick to reset the camera and then re-focus, I'm reasonably confident that will resolve your problem.

Guys, thanks for all your collective help, I've got it all working.

My camera problem was, as you said, a question of focus (what a fool I am).

And Antinode I managed to get all of the facade in view as you said.

Just the final tweaks to do now and to connect it to the multiroom.

I expect I shall be grovelling for help soon again.

cheers

Driller

PS Not one pm query about teeth, do CCTV installers have "superchoppers" or something?

Guys, thanks for all your collective help, I've got it all working.

My camera problem was, as you said, a question of focus (what a fool I am).

And Antinode I managed to get all of the facade in view as you said.

Just the final tweaks to do now and to connect it to the multiroom.

I expect I shall be grovelling for help soon again.

cheers

Driller

PS Not one pm query about teeth, do CCTV installers have "superchoppers" or something?

Glad you got it all working! For now anyway :P

Kin ell, anti-node

15 cameras a day, thats a good effort!

Are you the bionic CCTV installer or something?

lol you could say. I just get my head down and get on with it. Fired 'em all up today, all working spot on too. Just gotta focus them all up tommorow and job done!

Trade Member

Archived