Security Installer Community

New Cctv Install

Driller

I've been reflecting on a CCTV install for my house for a long time. I installed a decent alarm system with a little help from you guys which works very well, now it's time for the video.

System will be 1 external day-night dome mounted on each corner of the house with a halogen 500W/movement detector + 2 internal day/night domes on the ground floor.

At night there is enough lighting from street lights to see where you are going outside and not bump into things inside.

DVR will be 9 camera with 500Gb disc to allow for future expansion.

Bearing mind the "quality and reliable install" bit I have been looking at Samsung Techwin external and internal domes + SVR960(500Gb).

Grateful for any suggestions or just a positive shout for this gear, thanks.

Interference?

Did you mean cameras on Arcturus or on earth Subs ;)

Could anybody else chip in with comments please for/against before I take the plunge? I know it's sunday and there's probably not a lot of folk around here...

Very bright light = very bright areas very black shadows

Ah I see, thanks for that. I shall see how I get on with 150W ones. Depending on how good the low light vision of the Techwins is, I might get away with none at all with the street lighting.

The lack of response otherwise suggests that I can't really go wrong with the Samsung stuff. Then again it is sunday...

I am a fan of the Samsung Techwin newer range of cameras, will sense up on colour for a 0.0006 Lux these will perform much better than your average IR dome and especially if you are installing at above ground floor level. With the lighting you have mentioned (not the floods) these should suffice. I would suggest if using the sense up to only set it as far as required.

Also beware that there is Samsung Techwin and Samsung Electronics which are two different branches and products.

I am a fan of the Samsung Techwin newer range of cameras, will sense up on colour for a 0.0006 Lux these will perform much better than your average IR dome and especially if you are installing at above ground floor level. With the lighting you have mentioned (not the floods) these should suffice. I would suggest if using the sense up to only set it as far as required.

Also beware that there is Samsung Techwin and Samsung Electronics which are two different branches and products.

Thanks very much for that, very helpful. I will install the cameras without floods and see how it goes.

Incidently, on the Techwin homepage the only camera with 0.0006 lux is an indoor dome not an external one...Anyway I shall get 2 of those for indoors.

So, SVR960 500Gb, 4 x SVD 4600 external domes and 2 x SID 460 internal domes.

Does that seem like a good combination?

Thanks very much for that, very helpful. I will install the cameras without floods and see how it goes.

Incidently, on the Techwin homepage the only camera with 0.0006 lux is an indoor dome not an external one...Anyway I shall get 2 of those for indoors.

So, SVR960 500Gb, 4 x SVD 4600 external domes and 2 x SID 460 internal domes.

Does that seem like a good combination?

have you tried system q

Archived