Security Installer Community

Tommorow I Am Going To Play With

fastalarms

Just ordered a Visonic Powermax complete to pick up tommorow... :)

It comes ready prepped but I have ardered a couple of extra pir's and a remote keypad so I can see how you enrol new devices.

Could be even easier to fit than the (cough) Yale stuff and its Grade 2.

I looked at the ion 16 but found the setting up was a bit labourious as it is obviously designed as a control panel that will work with anything and therefore all individual parameters have to be set with everything just in case the devices have different settings, The PSTN settings being particulary akward.

It's good stuff no doubt and versatile but not quick in and out stuff... I want three installs a day..lol

So hopefully the Powermax complete will be more plug and play..apparently I am the second person to get one...

lol from DIY to cutting edge in one move..yeehaaahh!!

oh and can't wait to update my website to offer the EN-50131 Grade2 DD243 PD6662 kit. Should pull in more customers..

and you may not like the powermax, especially if your learning on the job, ie no training or practice with it etc.

It will be a lot harder to config than your current favorite. But give it a chnace and think that if it dont work first time, think that it may be you getting it wrong not it being wrong etc

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

and you may not like the powermax, especially if your learning on the job, ie no training or practice with it etc.

It will be a lot harder to config than your current favorite. But give it a chnace and think that if it dont work first time, think that it may be you getting it wrong not it being wrong etc

It should be ok.I have bought this one to play with not install.

The only thing I really think I may need is a radio signal meter to test the installation strengths. I know scantronic do a couple of devices for site surveys but they may not operate at the same output level as the visonic.

I had a good look at the standard powermax install stuff and the ion 16 and they look pretty straightforward but a bit long winded after my plug and play stuff but this ne powermax complete comes as a ready set up system just requiring extra devices to be enrolled. I guess it will be mostly fine tuning the set up and pir parameters. It also has speech dial or reports to an arc. I have heard of non NSI using group 4 ARCs...

As far as group 2 goes the scantronic install guide said the system meets G2 if installed exactly as specced by themselves. There were warnings whenever a parameter change would invalidate the G2.

TBH

If your not approved the grade you fit your systems to dont matter at all.

Its a catch 22. I cant get approved until I have fitted a few and have 2 yrs

I do know I will be doing my best and not doing some c##p subby work for a Nat installer... the buck and the angry phone calls will be stopping with me remember..:)

oh and can't wait to update my website to offer the EN-50131 Grade2 DD243 PD6662 kit. Should pull in more customers..

have you bought a copy of the regs? Might be difficult to claim to install to a BS or EN if you don't know them.

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

but you will still have to programme the powermax

dont shoot me down in flames but give the lad a break, yes he probably has a lot to learn about different regs, but just give him time and im sure if hes determined enough to get to the relevant standards then im sure he will be ok and get there in a few months time :ninja:

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Congrats Fastalarms,

At least you are begining to use a decent bit of kit for installs.

As wolf said you do not have to be approved to use a monitoring station but have to for police response.

I installed a I-on 16 panel last week with 3 door contacts and 12 PIR's in 5 hours all commissioned with SSAIB certificate(the panel was programmed by myself the day before though lol) This dials the customers phone and it was a dream to install. I will not use wireless bells and keypads at the moment so both hardwired but installed a wireless keypad upstairs and no problems. No insurance requirements btw but if required you can install this kit.

Again i knocked you for Yale but respect for trying out better panels so good luck and if you want any info on the I-on or Risco/Gardtec panels give me an e-mail and i will be glad to help.

cheers

!

dont shoot me down in flames but give the lad a break, yes he probably has a lot to learn about different regs, but just give him time and im sure if hes determined enough to get to the relevant standards then im sure he will be ok and get there in a few months time :ninja:

Shoot me down as well as Satsuma then!-fair play Sats-Didn't we all started somewhere!-Unfortunately all I seem to have seen as far as Fast is concerned is negatives (apart from a few)-I also am struggling to survive at this point in time being a relatively new business................................

It seems that the thriving businesses(according to them!) are looking after there own!-no flaw I agree-but try not to slag off the newbies that could be competion in a few short months............ :whistle: .

I'm one of them!!!!!!!!!!!!......... :bruce_h4h:

Richard.

Archived