Security Installer Community

Tommorow I Am Going To Play With

fastalarms

I wasn't knocking ....... just trying to show him pitfalls.

... and lets be clear about it, on these pages over the last week he's learnt more from what you would term the 'negative' posters than from anyone just giving encouragement.

Criticism can be very useful, if taken in the correct way.

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

I wasn't knocking ....... just trying to show him pitfalls.

... and lets be clear about it, on these pages over the last week he's learnt more from what you would term the 'negative' posters than from anyone just giving encouragement.

Criticism can be very useful, if taken in the correct way.

Very true and from my very first post untill now has ben an education. Still learning how people handle jobs in different ways which is good! Peoples views are all different so you can take ideas from everyone. But im always right lol......unless its a galaxy panel! And you all know Gardtec wireless is the best out there........scanny i-on is just behind though!

!

Thanks for all your replies... :D

I am taking them all in. I don't take offence.

I will read up on everything I can to ensure I give the best quality and service. I have actually gone back to a job if something niggles me about a job. perhaps I am not 100% about a sensor placement or wether only using two screws will hold that dummy box on in high winds. call me anal but I am totally aware that if anything is installed poorly , I will have to go out at 2am..

I am installing a 5 pet friendly pir , keypad , sab,dummy ,panel system on Wednesday. I fitted similar for her sister 6 months ago and I will be going to her parents to quote too. Thats how I want to survive this reccession while growing a business. The new fits on to new houses are obviously thin on the ground so I need to maximise each contact and that will come from service.

dont shoot me down in flames but give the lad a break, yes he probably has a lot to learn about different regs, but just give him time and im sure if hes determined enough to get to the relevant standards then im sure he will be ok and get there in a few months time :ninja:

I wasnt having a pop. He said he didnt choose the ion because he would have to programme it, he chose powermax because it comes pre programmed or something similar

There is no pro panel i know off that comes pre done, how can it.

My point being, i would not, not choose the ion because of programming because both will need programming.

Best of luck to the lad.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

but you will still have to programme the powermax

It's the new 'Powermax Complete' which comes factory preprogrammed in kits. even the Yale doesn't come like that.

Yes extra devices will have to be programmed in and the telephone settings will need programming but it should make a fast start to a job.

I wasnt having a pop. He said he didnt choose the ion because he would have to programme it, he chose powermax because it comes pre programmed or something similar

There is no pro panel i know off that comes pre done, how can it.

My point being, i would not, not choose the ion because of programming because both will need programming.

Best of luck to the lad.

The programming doesn't put me off. I would manage it. It's not too dissimilar to the yale to be honest. That has different modes for each zone, different time settings , entry/exit , normal , part armed , 24hr , etc . The reason I want the least programming is simply to save install time.

Archived