Security Installer Community

Cctv

wilks121

You've got a point! but keeping her in there is the problem. :rolleyes:

then use more cement you cheapskate :lol:

took delivery of a Alien, not put it through its paces yet but can vouch it is very very quite operation, only noise is from the wiz up of the hard drive, but thats not much in comparrison to some.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

On the type of cctv images quality recording, i would have to go with james on this one, JPEG is the best way for me as the image quality (i have found ) was much clearer over the h264 and mpeg. as long as i can use jpeg then thats what i shall use.

In the last month Ive heard this comment many times over that H264 dosen't seem to hold up....There must be some truth in it .....Agreed file size is inefficent BUT H264 seems to lack the reproduction of images by comparasin.

In fact recently we supplied a system that was installed in a block of flats in Enfield ......The police chased a suspect onto the premises and the evidence from the DVR was used stood up in a court of Law to produce a successful prosecution.....The MET police requested further details on DVR as they wished all systems were to this level in terms of image quality.

The DVR was the Neotech Dual Codec unit...

Rgds

Max

I always try to set up best quality recorded image, even if it means sacrificing frame rate. IMO its better to get 5 Quality images than 25 mediocre.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

got a link max, ive never heard of it?

http://www.ntic.com.tw/specification/J2000D-16T2.htm

I think you will find many of us use this DVR as our preffered choice of mid range DVR's.

Best picture quality with top reliability.....We have supplied/ installed over 200 units...

superb pice of kit...OK it dosen't have all the features/gimmics of newer systems but for quality its difficult to beat IMO.

ah its cos its jpeg 2000 based.

I think a few here rate it.

ITS MINE :lol:

and yes i rate it highly

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Thx Colin but you missed one point.....

?

?

?

/

/

/

/

/

/

?

/

?

?

?

/

?

Going back to the original post......

?

?

?

?

?

?

?

?

?

/

?

?

?

?

?

?

//

?

It has a fan and is not deemed silent :banned:

NO BUT ITS A SMART BIT OF KIT THOUGH !! :)

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

got the alien DVR at home now, real quiet in opertation and recommended.

i'd never tried this before on other kit, but discovered tonight, if you go into playback you can set it up to play the four camera's in quad mode all well and good, but yiu can pick different time slots for each quadrant playing back all at the same time, you can also play back the same camera in quad mode with different time slots in each quadrant

must admit i thought this was very novel and usful, especially when the bigger units come out. it will allow several sections to be viewed at once cutting down the searching time for better views of an intruder.

i've never noticed this ability on other DVRs, so will any others do this trick?

most i've used have to playback the same time slot for all camera's and normally you can't duplicate a camera in multiple windows while doing so.

more twiddle with this unit the more impressed i am.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived