Security Installer Community

Cctv

wilks121

Can anyone recommend a quiet running DVR. I normally use SQ 365 but the fans are too noisy for a lounge / other room in house, needs to be similar spec as SQ.

Ta

to save cost, can you not simply move the dvr to another location, use a Composite to UHF modulator (to watch via tv's) an ir extender (as used on sky/tv's) to control it?

i have used a DM2 Sprite with the case fans (which are always noisy) disconnected and no probs

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

I wouldnt recommend disconnecting fans. You may have got away with it, but with my experience of sprites it will shorten the drive life as a minimum.

this was on one replaced by a DVR365, i was going to fit new fans (bearings get noisy) and keep it as a reserve. then got a rush install so used it and crossed fingers, have now used it several times and still fine with no fans.

they don't gen much heat having an external psu, so really just need reasonable venting in situ, i.e. perhaps not so good enclosed in a Tv cabinet for instance unless you use a large PC Case, fan which you can get quiet versions of..

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

First off you can change the fans to more efficient / quieter ones:

http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/Kustom...et_Fans_72.html

...then use a fan speed controller to reduce the rpm's thus quieting the fan further.

http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_2813.html

or for extra safety you could purchase a fan controller with built in thermal protection alarms. (if the DVR365 hasn't got a CD/DVD drive in it, these will fit in the 5.25" bay)

Personally we've done this on several DVR's that have been installed in occupied office space.

to save cost, can you not simply move the dvr to another location, use a Composite to UHF modulator (to watch via tv's) an ir extender (as used on sky/tv's) to control it?

i have used a DM2 Sprite with the case fans (which are always noisy) disconnected and no probs

regs

alan

COP DVRs are quieter than DM Sprites.........LOL

Thanks guys,

Ive already dissed the internal fan but its the transformer fan that makes the noise and cant diss that as its sealed.

Have spoken to SQ and their new ALIEN DVR hasnt got a fan! so watch this space and Ill test drive it and let you know how it is.

Well that sounds like a good, honest, reliable, dependable, stable and trust worthy bit of kit.

Justin, we have sold and supported the DVR365 for over five years and the new AlienDVR will be just as reliable.

The new AlienDVR is a product that has planned sales life of at least 5-7 years.

Both the Alien and the DVR365 use intelligent electronics to keep the heat and noise down by only powering up HD

System Q Ltd.

COP DVRs are quieter than DM Sprites.........LOL

Thats lowered the tone of this palce now!! :lol: :lol:

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Archived