Security Installer Community

Cctv

wilks121

got the alien DVR at home now, real quiet in opertation and recommended.

i'd never tried this before on other kit, but discovered tonight, if you go into playback you can set it up to play the four camera's in quad mode all well and good, but yiu can pick different time slots for each quadrant playing back all at the same time, you can also play back the same camera in quad mode with different time slots in each quadrant

must admit i thought this was very novel and usful, especially when the bigger units come out. it will allow several sections to be viewed at once cutting down the searching time for better views of an intruder.

i've never noticed this ability on other DVRs, so will any others do this trick?

most i've used have to playback the same time slot for all camera's and normally you can't duplicate a camera in multiple windows while doing so.

more twiddle with this unit the more impressed i am.

regs

alan

Whats your view on the unit?

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Hi All,

I would like to offer some clarification on questions rasied on the Zeus DVR. The DVR has 3 global, variable options with regards to frame rate and res and they are as follows

25FPS per channel @ CIF

12FPS per channel @2CIF

6fps per channel @ 4CIF

The Zeus also has 4 channel playback as std and is silent running.

Should anyone have any questions then please feel free to ask

Thanks

Matt

Anybody tested the alien DVR on a mobile phone ? I have a customer who needs a silent DVR for his office but wants to view the images via his mobile phone so any feedback would be appreciated.

Just looking at the systemq web site and looks like you need to install some java software to the mobile phone before you can view the images, my customer has an apple iphone so not sure if he would be able to install the Mobile Client Software.

Chris.

jobs@mintsecurity.co.ukĀ  01246 888444

Archived