Security Installer Community

Cctv

wilks121

Going by their current trade guide the Zeus Lite is just CIF playback but the Zuse SATA records CIF4 at 6 FPS and has no fan.

Zune SATA is Available August 2008 and looks the same price as the Lite but you'd be best to check with them.

Can someone confirm for me or reject that the Zeus can only record in CIF? and can the Alien H.264 playback all cameras simultaneously? I am keeping an eye on the development/release of H.264 dvrs and would appreciate the feedback.

Yes, the alienPro (h264) can playback all cameras simultaneously, even the 16CH

Paul

System Q Ltd.

Yes, the alienPro (h264) can playback all cameras simultaneously, even the 16CH

Paul

Hi Paul,

i spoke to sales today and asked about dynamic IP useage, and was informed it needs a static IP for remote access, you need that info to be more obvious on the sales blurb or i can see problems with them being bought for the much emphasised phone access, but the less wary comming unstuck with clients over the need for a static IP availability.

another question was on the phones that can be used and was told G3 handset running a java app, again not seeen that on the blurbs.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Thanks Camstop,

The specification for the Zeus Sata states

"Real-time live display up to 16 cameras, 400/480 fps recording for CIF & 100/120 fps recording for 4CIF"

As the Zeus is a 4 channel I take this as a typo, you mentioned 6fps per camera at 4CIF this must be another document I cannot access.

We have to compete with this machine in the Irish market and it the Zeus Sata is being offered at a very competitive price here, I would not see a machine that can only record in CIF as serious competition to our line up but 4CIF with 4 camera playback is a different story even if our machines are higher quality.

Would like to hear the pro's and con's of the Zeus if anyone is willing to give it the time I would appreciate it.

Hi Paul,

i spoke to sales today and asked about dynamic IP useage, and was informed it needs a static IP for remote access, you need that info to be more obvious on the sales blurb or i can see problems with them being bought for the much emphasised phone access, but the less wary comming unstuck with clients over the need for a static IP availability.

another question was on the phones that can be used and was told G3 handset running a java app, again not seeen that on the blurbs.

regs

alan

Hi Alan.

STATIC IP ADDRESS or DYNAMIC?

It does support Dynamic DNS. Our sales staffs advise all our customers that a static IP address is easier to set up than a Dynamic one.

They were only trying to guide you and actually under sell this DVR.

MOBILE PHONE

The Phone does need to be a modern 3G phone and a smart phone.

http://aliendvr.com/docs/alien_dvr_mobile-phone.html

We can supply settings for customers to connect to our DVR to test compatibility.

Slowly we are building up a Compatible phone list but this obviously is not easy with hundreds of available models.

cheers,

Paul.

Hi Paul,

regs

alan

Hi Alan.

The AlienPro is not yet listed on this website as its so new.

As soon as its live I will PM you.

cheers,

Paul.

System Q Ltd.

just to offer a differing view. Im personally a fan of jpeg for cctv, and not realtime h264 cos its new. Granted the newer highdef channels use it for transmission and id agree its designed for transmission, but for cctv picture quality storage then its jpeg for me. Id rather have 4 fps jpg then 16 fps h264 as the jpg images will be more use.

I do rate mpeg for transmission though but as it was designed for this i suppose i would. IMHO flash is even better for transmission over IP.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

just to offer a differing view. Im personally a fan of jpeg for cctv, and not realtime h264 cos its new. Granted the newer highdef channels use it for transmission and id agree its designed for transmission, but for cctv picture quality storage then its jpeg for me. Id rather have 4 fps jpg then 16 fps h264 as the jpg images will be more use.

I do rate mpeg for transmission though but as it was designed for this i suppose i would. IMHO flash is even better for transmission over IP.

Hi.

I respect your opinion.

Our march forward with H264 is based on new products coming out this year and next.

We are launching new a 2-mega pixel IP camera in October and for it not to be a transmission problem H264 is the only solution. In 2009 most of our DVRs will be

System Q Ltd.

Paul and i respect yours. Im sure if H264 is sertup properly with a high enough bit rate and more regular intra frames it could compete with jpg for image quality. I know that any of the mpeg variants are more efficient at higher framerates, and i do beleive we need a different non realtime compression system for us as a trade. I think megapixel will enforce this as the hardware required for compresiion of multi megapixels in realtime is huge muchless the bandwidth requirements.

I think we have the transmission sorted we just need to sort the storage lol.

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived