Security Installer Community

Cctv

wilks121

Paul and i respect yours. Im sure if H264 is sertup properly with a high enough bit rate and more regular intra frames it could compete with jpg for image quality. I know that any of the mpeg variants are more efficient at higher framerates, and i do beleive we need a different non realtime compression system for us as a trade. I think megapixel will enforce this as the hardware required for compresiion of multi megapixels in realtime is huge muchless the bandwidth requirements.

I think we have the transmission sorted we just need to sort the storage lol.

James

James.

My apologies for hijacking this thread.

Please move this to the trade forum if you feel its too pushy in a sales manner my intention was only to defend our products!

cheers,

Paul.

System Q Ltd.

On the type of cctv images quality recording, i would have to go with james on this one, JPEG is the best way for me as the image quality (i have found ) was much clearer over the h264 and mpeg. as long as i can use jpeg then thats what i shall use.

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

On the type of cctv images quality recording, i would have to go with james on this one, JPEG is the best way for me as the image quality (i have found ) was much clearer over the h264 and mpeg. as long as i can use jpeg then thats what i shall use.

Whats your choice in dvr?

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Whats your choice in dvr?

jpeg 2000 dvrs

This Dual Codec DVR originates from our JPEG2000 series but with a few added extras, like H.264 compression over the internet, controllable via mouse & it now uses SATA HDDs. However this Dual Codec still keeps some of the world

post-15426-1220982511.jpg

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

I put the dvr for my home cctv system in the bedroom, thought this would be a good idea , it was for me i couldn't hear a thing , however the wife being six years younger and still able to hear all those frequencies that younger people can hear went apes@@t.

So needless to say i had to move it , into the garage, and now there's silence , Ahh!

I put the dvr for my home cctv system in the bedroom, thought this would be a good idea , it was for me i couldn't hear a thing , however the wife being six years younger and still able to hear all those frequencies that younger people can hear went apes@@t.

So needless to say i had to move it , into the garage, and now there's silence , Ahh!

Gee! I'd put every DVR I had in the garage if it would give me silence! :)

the dvr at home :) is quite noisey, but tbh it doesnt effect me

James.

My apologies for hijacking this thread.

Please move this to the trade forum if you feel its too pushy in a sales manner my intention was only to defend our products!

cheers,

Paul.

Paul Not at all mate, i feel you should be able to defend yourself and your products. Its quite refreshing to see a good debate not censored etc.

I dont think anything you have said on this thread smacks of 'pushy sales' and infact i think is quite informative.

The format debate depends on many things and picture quality is very dependant upon the person viewing it. I do think we have lost our way slightly with 'fps' and 'days' inthe marketing but do fully understnd why that happens. I will have to wait to see what megapexel does in the format war. I know h264 is used in blu ray and wondered if anyone knew at what bitrate and intraframe rate that defaulted to for the movies? But still that what 50gig (dual layer) for 3 hours (?) of footage or 400 gig per day per cam? So im assuming something will have to give again, i just hope its framerate not image quality lol

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Gee! I'd put every DVR I had in the garage if it would give me silence! :)

one or two wives verses how many DVRs?

these maths are simple - simply put the wife/s in the grarage if you want quiet :whistle:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived