Security Installer Community

Concept 6 Tamper Fault

Cheshire1

How much over? How about over time under load?

Is your meter accurate? Calibrated?

And more to the point, have you got an engineering manual for your panel? Without it you really are wasting your time. And as I'm sure you know, having read the rules, you can't get one here.

TBH you've asked for help which you've got and been given lots of advice on what might be wrong, but now you really do need an engineer.

Yes, I have had advice, but can anyone answer the question as to whether a battery not working properly would produce a tamper fault and if so then I can at least buy a new battery. Currently I am receiving mails about prices and people are very quick to quote me which makes me beleive the problem is simple and they want a quick earner. Don't get me wrong I am all for making a living but when tradesmen have a very good idea of the problem but try and milk me is not what I call good practice. As for the battery I put a meter across it so it was not tested under load, I did test the circuit at the control panel whilst the power was off and the voltage was 12v. I have had other mails telling me the problem is very simple and a good engineer will fix it in minutes, yet they are alll quoting a very high price for a few minutes work. The comment about prices going up is a classic example of charging more purely based on how desperate someone is. I will just stay at home for xmas as I'm not going to pay ridiculous fees just becasue I don't want to leave my house without an alarm over xmas.

If anyone can answer the battery question then please do.

Some panels go into tamper when you have a faulty battery, not sure about yours though, not a panel I use.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Some panels go into tamper when you have a faulty battery, not sure about yours though, not a panel I use.

agree breff i have not ever used this particular panel so therefor ei cannot advise on what the problem is.

cheers

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

:angry2:

Yes, I have had advice, but can anyone answer the question as to whether a battery not working properly would produce a tamper fault and if so then I can at least buy a new battery. Currently I am receiving mails about prices and people are very quick to quote me which makes me beleive the problem is simple and they want a quick earner. Don't get me wrong I am all for making a living but when tradesmen have a very good idea of the problem but try and milk me is not what I call good practice. As for the battery I put a meter across it so it was not tested under load, I did test the circuit at the control panel whilst the power was off and the voltage was 12v. I have had other mails telling me the problem is very simple and a good engineer will fix it in minutes, yet they are alll quoting a very high price for a few minutes work. The comment about prices going up is a classic example of charging more purely based on how desperate someone is. I will just stay at home for xmas as I'm not going to pay ridiculous fees just becasue I don't want to leave my house without an alarm over xmas.

If anyone can answer the battery question then please do.

Offer of our services removed.

I find almost all alarm related problems easy mate, THATS CAUSE ITS MY JOB!

and no one is milking you, you can pay

OK you want advice and reasons for the battery showing tamper fault

Before this thread falls in to total war :ranting: i will try to explain in a calm (ist) manner :rolleyes:

Just because the battery is showing 12v on a meter does not mean battery is OK.

I use a "special" piece of equipment (called a ACT Battery tester!!) that checks battery by putting them under load.

I can get 12 - 13v out of battery on a test meter but under "test" it shows the battery is faulty.

You asked for advice and you have had good advice from previous posts.

We are all out to make a living and by sounds of thing you have had several offers of help at different rates but you want a miracle cure - this is not going to happen!!.

My advice, buy a replacement battery from your local B/Q or Tandy (or equivalent type of shop) try it in panel at most that will cost you

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

Archived