Security Installer Community

Concept 6 Tamper Fault

Cheshire1

Hi all,

I have a concept 6 alarm and our estate recently had a power cut. Since then my alarm shows 'Tamper' on the control panel and I cannot do aynthing about it. The alarm will not reset. I have taken the power of, removed the battery and and then replaced. The alarm will go off when I remove the power and will turn off when I put my code in but will not reset the tamper. The fuses all seem OK. Any help would be appreciated as we will be going away for xmas and we are currently without alarm.

Best regards

Just thought i'd update having read a few other posts. When I say I've replaced the battery I mean that I disconnected the lead and reconnected so it would lose all power as I had also removed the main fuse. THe outside box starts to sound when I remove the main power but the inside box does not nor does anything happen when I open up the panel. As I said the tamper light just stays on no matter what I do. Also, I have noticed that when the mains power is cut the control panel loses all power. Does anyone know if this could be a battery problem? Does the tamper light come if the battery needs replacing, if so then would this also translate to not being able to set the alarm as well. Any help would be appreciated.

Does anyone know if the concept 6 will cease to work without a working batter when running on mains. I ask as it won't allow me to reset the tamper and set the alarm at all. How can I check the battery. Also this only happened straight after our estate had a power cut, would this have any significance on it. Any help would be appreciated as I really don't want to have to leave the house without the alarm over xmas.

cheers

Hi all,

I have a concept 6 alarm and our estate recently had a power cut. Since then my alarm shows 'Tamper' on the control panel and I cannot do aynthing about it. The alarm will not reset. I have taken the power of, removed the battery and and then replaced. The alarm will go off when I remove the power and will turn off when I put my code in but will not reset the tamper. The fuses all seem OK. Any help would be appreciated as we will be going away for xmas and we are currently without alarm.

Best regards

Just a thought - check your bell housing tamper.....

Regards

Bill Boyd.

Core Fire and Security.

www.corefire.co.uk

0845 224 6072

Guest anguscanplay
Does anyone know if the concept 6 will cease to work without a working batter when running on mains. I ask as it won't allow me to reset the tamper and set the alarm at all. How can I check the battery. Also this only happened straight after our estate had a power cut, would this have any significance on it. Any help would be appreciated as I really don't want to have to leave the house without the alarm over xmas.

cheers

Chesire - you`ve only got 14 days left - it NEEDS a new battery,the pcb may be fried, you may have damaged/ not re aligned the tamper in the control unit, your post about the outside box makes sense (it`s old and possibly wired wrong but still made sense) just put your hand in your pocket and get an engineer out to see to it.

remember the price goes up the nearer you get to Christmas day !!

An update to the problem. I have tested the battery and it appears OK, it shows over 12v and having switched off the mains power I got 12v at the control panel so it is certianly giving out power. I also noticed the tamper light remained lit when I turned off the main power. I had not noticed before as the panel usually only shows a power light and a day mode, when the alarm is set it only shows power so if the mains is cut whilst the alarm is on then the panel looks dead. Has anyone got any idead of what I could check with my meter. I am not going to call out an expensive engineer at the moment as I don't exactly have lots of money to spare, especially asi it's xmas, worse case scenario, I stay at home for xmas. Any help would be appreciated right now. If you know of symptons that might cause the tamper on this system. Obviously broken wires etc, however all the sensors still light up if that is of any help. Any help right now would be very much appreciated.

An update to the problem. I have tested the battery and it appears OK, it shows over 12v and having switched off the mains power I got 12v at the control panel so it is certianly giving out power. I also noticed the tamper light remained lit when I turned off the main power. I had not noticed before as the panel usually only shows a power light and a day mode, when the alarm is set it only shows power so if the mains is cut whilst the alarm is on then the panel looks dead. Has anyone got any idead of what I could check with my meter. I am not going to call out an expensive engineer at the moment as I don't exactly have lots of money to spare, especially asi it's xmas, worse case scenario, I stay at home for xmas. Any help would be appreciated right now. If you know of symptons that might cause the tamper on this system. Obviously broken wires etc, however all the sensors still light up if that is of any help. Any help right now would be very much appreciated.

how did you check the battery??

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Archived