Security Installer Community

I Wish I Was As Good As A National

am i the only one who hates when ppl zip tie the pairs? no swearing please me off when on faults and i have to cut them all.

you can do a nice neat job without ziping them all. :(:ninja:

Why cut them I could service/fault find on this nee bother, all your zones are documented so you know what pair is what.

Besides ya lazy sod it's not like it takes long to cut them anyway :yes:

Never Teach Your Apprentice Everything You Know

just my being old school i expect,

i prefer to boot-lace them with a bit of white core from some scrap cable - never had zip tie's back when i started (they used to mark up the liner on the chimney's ;) ).

pah! even had to use black clothe insulating tape could also used as a band aid, none of this modern sissy plastic stuff - you lot just don't know you born :rolleyes:

lol!

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Didn't mean to offend you dude,I no most subblys do a great job,some of the ones we use do things that don't appear possible. Very impressive picture by the way. I'm going to have to post a few of my panels up,see what people think.

Less of that matey some of us subbys take pride in our work. Dont tar us all with the same brush.

post-13904-1187218291_thumb.jpg

can you see the cables to the lock above the glass door.Had to remove glass expansion mastic run cables between panels then re mastic also alarm contact for door in shear housing.

I tend to twist a bit of wire around my twisted pairs. Helps keep them bundled together and easy to undo/replace if needed. In true Blue Peter fashion, here's one I made earlier:

hi antinode,

your work looks great a great example (and just as it should :yes: ), at the risk of being called 'piccy' i'd only point out a pet hate of mine which is to do with the way you connect the 'aux' power connections.

if you were to take the thicker cables into the same side of the terminal block as the red/blacks, you can then twist everything together and use the termnation pressure to keep a good connecton and so reducing the risk of intermittent power connections considerably. i'd also use those terminal blocks with the protection plates in (i know them as french connectors) to stop the strands being cut by the terminal screws.

i'll probably be flamed now by all and sundry but i do intend as good advice, many service engineers will 'miss' a false alarm caused by such intermittent connections, especially in those early hours calls and change what was a perfectly good detector.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

on a slighty different note, i have a gardtec 595 im trying to get chime on zone 1 , ive set chime as on but cant assign to zone 1

any help gratefully appreciated as ive lost me engineer manual

All comments in this post are my own views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer

on a slighty different note, i have a gardtec 595 im trying to get chime on zone 1 , ive set chime as on but cant assign to zone 1

its in zone attributes, chose chime menu and press 1. ;)

Thanks for the tip arfur. Duly noted for next time. ;)

Go into engineers, YES to program zones, NO until you get to zone attributes then press YES. Press YES until you get to "CH 1", press NO then enter zone number you want chime on and press YES. Make sure it's enabled in the user menu.

Trade Member

I tend to twist a bit of wire around my twisted pairs. Helps keep them bundled together and easy to undo/replace if needed. In true Blue Peter fashion, here's one I made earlier:

First let me say fantastic! always nice to see :yes:

Only thing that I would pick up on, Pet Hate, is that you have used insulation tape on your data's and on some cables and there is nothing worse than going back to a job in a few years when the tape has degraded and left sticky :!: all over the cables

Never Teach Your Apprentice Everything You Know

Archived