Security Installer Community

Grade 3 Requirements

Read that again arfur - out loud - there is no such think as "to grade 3 standard "without a duelpath signalling device.Its either is a grade3 or it isnt. Its the same as saying i install to " NSI/SSAIB/POLICE standards " from an unregd. All diy systems by default are grade1, the main side bar of these regs will be stopping unregd companies from installing other than grade1

Unless you have a copy of the grading matrix your going into this blind - every component is down graded to the lowest denominator so a grade3 sensor on a uncommunicated system is therfore a grade 2X sensor

cheers dave - hence my comments about the highway code yes it isnt law and no a police officer wouldnt quote it at you but it can be used to prove negligance one day soon a member of this forum is going to get hit big time by " claims direct " and EN/BS is going to play a big part

NO SUCH THING AS TO GRADE 3 STANDARD?? of course there is i agree the job will NOT be a grade 3 job but it is still to the standard that would be required IF the customer needed grade 3

Also last night you told me (or tried to tell me ) that the highway code was law BIG turn around in your post to dave

Hi all

Sorry to sound thick but, doing nowt but cameras for 3 years means I'm not quite up to speed.

Our Project Manager's asked me to take a look at a Galaxy which has 360 ceiling mount DualTech's fitted. Apparently they're reporting masking to the Galaxy and this needs sorting out. Could someone clarify the masking prnciple to me so as to empower my depth of knowledge (stop me looking dumb) when I attend site?. When I was doing intruder, masking only related to microwaves.

same principle mate but now all detection devices have to report masking on a g3 system...i take it this is a commercial premises??....its not a bookies by any chance is it??,as if the punters are standing watching the races the devices think they are masked :)

same principle mate but now all detection devices have to report masking on a g3 system...i take it this is a commercial premises??....its not a bookies by any chance is it??,as if the punters are standing watching the races the devices think they are masked :)

LOL!

Thanks for replying mate.

No it's just empty corridors mostly in high security vaults. He's sent me the spec however, and although he said they were G3, I notice they're only Grade2 dtecs. So does that make it an issue with the programming?

I went up into the attic...I found a Stradavarius & a Picasso. Unfortunately.....

Stradavarius couldn't paint, and Picasso made a shocking fiddle.

My Facebook page...http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1279556853&ref=name

LOL!

Thanks for replying mate.

No it's just empty corridors mostly in high security vaults. He's sent me the spec however, and although he said they were G3, I notice they're only Grade2 dtecs. So does that make it an issue with the programming?

if they are only g2 devices how do they report masked???

If I remember correctly the old C&K ceiling mount dt, (the brown ones, 6120? series) used to mask up, you could tell by the led's and that the zone was latched open.

They did have antimask output, same as dt906's...

TSS

Communication is "A question asked, and an Opinion given." I offer mine to help you with yours.

Statements I make are my personal views only at the time they are posted, if I offend you sorry, must be taken in context and do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

oh for goodness sakes, chill out,

when i eventually die (don't get excited boys - no time soon) i'm going to be cremated, just so i can meet up with all those burgers and bangers i ruined on the barby - and say "sorry"

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

if they are only g2 devices how do they report masked???

PM'd ya mate

I went up into the attic...I found a Stradavarius & a Picasso. Unfortunately.....

Stradavarius couldn't paint, and Picasso made a shocking fiddle.

My Facebook page...http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1279556853&ref=name

Guest anguscanplay
perhaps im not getting my point across ,

you`ll be telling me the highway code isnt actually law but can be used against you for prosecution next. I think you`ll all find that EN is a requirment for all systems that are installed

NO SUCH THING AS TO GRADE 3 STANDARD?? of course there is i agree the job will NOT be a grade 3 job but it is still to the standard that would be required IF the customer needed grade 3

Also last night you told me (or tried to tell me ) that the highway code was law BIG turn around in your post to dave

er try reading what i put " last night " again as you can see it above it might help . think i said the highway code isnt actually law but can be used against you in the same way that EN????? or BS?????? isnt law but can be used against you to prove incompetance

same as their is no such thing as " to MOT standard" or " To insuarance standard " or " part p standard " it is either certified or it isnt.If it isnt certified by a trade assosiation certified " competant person " then its grade 1 nothing higher . - Hey my cars serviced to race car standards but it aint a racecar is it

Guest anguscanplay
HMMM.......no managers code at 3am to gain engineers access just to clear a tamper fault :unsure: banghead

anti code it ?

Archived