Security Installer Community

Grade 3 Requirements

can they also bin the wiring regs , nope thought not either

It is true matey when you are useing your own responding force(and some years ago it used to be your own A.R.C but that has been removed) you do not have to install to any standard

Wiring regs yes but not bs or en,thing is in this country we (as an industry) are governed by consent if all security companies said to n.s.i shuff it what could they do ,bit like we are all policed by consent as well ;)

thing was as an n.s.i company all the jobs used to go in as a b.s/en system but without readings and engineer reset if applicable B)

Guest anguscanplay
It is true matey when you are useing your own responding force(and some years ago it used to be your own A.R.C but that has been removed) you do not have to install to any standard

Wiring regs yes but not bs or en,thing is in this country we (as an industry) are governed by consent if all security companies said to n.s.i shuff it what could they do ,bit like we are all policed by consent as well ;)

thing was as an n.s.i company all the jobs used to go in as a b.s/en system but without readings and engineer reset if applicable B)

perhaps im not getting my point across ,

you`ll be telling me the highway code isnt actually law but can be used against you for prosecution next. I think you`ll all find that EN is a requirment for all systems that are installed

never said anything about a URN as im well aware public can buy duelpath - not via redcare but can buy duelpath just the same. Its time to accept the good old British Standard has passed and unlike it the new EN regs are not optional if you are installing a system

now - the grading of a system is decided by the installing company based on the risk assesment required for EN5????? if the same customer who specifies a grade 4 system is disregarding the regs because its for his own consumption he cant possibly grade the system

your like the man on our street who " services his car to mot standards" its not possible

i do not know where you are getting your info from but ANYBODY can buy redcare all you have to do is register with an A.R.C you do not have to have any acreditation to purchase the service(b.t of whoever own them now will not and never have turned down business )the only time you need acreditation is when you want to apply for a U.R.N

you`ll be telling me the highway code isnt actually law but can be used against you for prosecution next. I think you`ll all find that EN is a requirment for all systems that are installed

i am the highway code IS NOT A POINT OF LAW,and please dont question this as i spent 6 months with hertfordshire police driver training college

it is just simply rules that everyone should obey

Guest anguscanplay
i am the highway code IS NOT A POINT OF LAW,and please dont question this as i spent 6 months with hertfordshire police driver training college

it is just simply rules that everyone should obey

but can be used against you for proscecution , hey i spent 6 months with the derbyshire police underwater hockey team

right so heres the rub - my NSI guide book says the customer cant

certify the grade

fit redcare

install unless to current standards

your guide book says they can - no big deal let yourt customers do their own installs and i`ll keep on charging mine to do it for them

regards

angus

EN is not a requiement for ALL systems that are installed that are being reponded by the customer own responding force as a u.r.n is not required,same thing applys when you work for either the met or kent plod

but can be used against you for proscecution , hey i spent 6 months with the derbyshire police underwater hockey team

right so heres the rub - my NSI guide book says the customer cant

certify the grade

fit redcare

install unless to current standards

your guide book says they can - no big deal let yourt customers do their own installs and i`ll keep on charging mine to do it for them

regards

angus

NO the road traffic act is what is used to prosecute,when you get a speeding fine where on the letter does it say you were in contrevention of rule 101 by exceeding the speed limit.And again if the customer is using their own responding force the NSI book is aimed at the window

Guest anguscanplay
EN is not a requiement for ALL systems that are installed that are being reponded by the customer own responding force as a u.r.n is not required,same thing applys when you work for either the met or kent plod

since when has getting responce or a urn been a prerequisit for EN 1234 or whatever the digits are

EN 99999? is the replacment for BS 4737

DD243 is the requirments for police responce otherwise known as " confirmation "

bells only can only ever be a grade 2x thats what the gradings mean - you may have fitted all the correct equipment but the grading matrix makes it a 2x

nobody is saying any different, but there is no law or regulation saying you can't over specify a system, or use detectors which surpass garde 2.

put it this way, fit a fully compliant Grade 3 system, signals ticket's the whole lot, then remove the signalling or down grade to digi. yes the system is now G2 for grading purposes but exceeds it other than signalling.

simple point of interest, if a G3 is installed full and proper, then a2 years later the client don't pay the line rental (most will it's not unusual) so then it must then be downgraded to G2 while the signalling is off.

i always though that might be a very good reason for the alarm company to be responsible for paying that line rental within their contract.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
nobody is saying any different, but there is no law or regulation saying you can't over specify a system, or use detectors which surpass garde 2.

regs

alan

you did you said " i`ll fit a grade 3 but without the signalling "

Archived