Security Installer Community

Grade 3 Requirements

I have previously installed redcare and was not registered at that time.

Have done the training at BT though...

Couldn't get a URN but then that wasn't an issue.

The redcare classic was used for fault/event signalling and it was more important to know that there was a fault at site or a line fault, in which case the sub went to site

TSS

Communication is "A question asked, and an Opinion given." I offer mine to help you with yours.

Statements I make are my personal views only at the time they are posted, if I offend you sorry, must be taken in context and do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

Guest anguscanplay
I have previously installed redcare and was not registered at that time.

Have done the training at BT though...

Couldn't get a URN but then that wasn't an issue.

The redcare classic was used for fault/event signalling and it was more important to know that there was a fault at site or a line fault, in which case the sub went to site

not been pedantic but was this recently ?

not been pedantic but was this recently ?

Well so tell me what qualification should you have to install redcare ??..because i meet up with a refrigeration engineer today and they install redcare to monitor their fridges funny thing was i did ask if he was ukas,nsi,ssaib approved and his reply was no so that sort of backs up my point of view and sort of blows your completely out of the water

You see redcare (years ago) was marketed as a all in one, on one a hand a secure form of communication (for the security industry) on the other another form of building services communication :ninja:

Guest anguscanplay
"Whether for home or business, redcare can only be installed by an installation company approved by a UKAS-accredited organisation.

Angus

Well so tell me what qualification should you have to install redcare ??..because i meet up with a refrigeration engineer today and they install redcare to monitor their fridges funny thing was i did ask if he was ukas,nsi,ssaib approved and his reply was no so that sort of backs up my point of view and sort of blows your completely out of the water

You see redcare (years ago) was marketed as a all in one, on one a hand a secure form of communication (for the security industry) on the other another form of building services communication :ninja:

funny thing is i met up with a fire engineer today to connect his system to our redcare stu because " oh they arnt able to buy it as they havnt been accrdited yet " - next site he visits he`ll be " oh sure we just did a redcare job ................"

nobody ever said redcare was exclusive to alarm firms now did they but perhaps your refrigeration man ( if he wasnt accredited ) is like arfur and because BT know him they let him off the requirments

there are ways round anything but at the end of the day Mr J Public cant fit redcare

if i remmember rightly (and i always do as everyone who knows me well knows :rolleyes: ) there was/is 2 versions of red care, one was called 'red care home'. Gartec used to sell (might still?) a STU for domestics,

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest Dave the alarm man
if i remmember rightly (and i always do as everyone who knows me well knows :rolleyes: ) there was/is 2 versions of red care, one was called 'red care home'. Gartec used to sell (might still?) a STU for domestics, which was

Guest anguscanplay
if i remmember rightly (and i always do as everyone who knows me well knows :rolleyes: ) there was/is 2 versions of red care, one was called 'red care home'. Gartec used to sell (might still?) a STU for domestics.

regs

alan

home stu - three channels and a special connection price from BT - now been reused as redcare assure - but there is the rub you could buy 100 of them but according to the BT website if your not on the list you aint ever going to be able to " up " it

the cut down home stu has long gone & i thought prices where not allowed?

their is now "redcare home" *reaches for bargepole*

loke i said it ewas when i was 'active' which is some time ago now

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest Dave the alarm man
loke i said it ewas when i was 'active' which is some time ago now

why you've been pensioned off?

Archived