Security Installer Community

Grade 3 Requirements

customer cant stipulate the grade only the certifiying installation company can during their risk assesment - if the customer wants grade 2X but the site is grade three they have grade three or the grading has failed and we wouldnt be doing the install - the ball is in our court not theirs

grade four commercially available

cant get duel path and URN unless you are approved but i aint doing that old chestnut again

my point wasnt so much with the o/p who should have known the regs and if he didnt he has the ssaib to ask but not in a public forum

Customer CAN stipulate the grade if you are talking about quoting for local autority work(which i did do most of which was off of plans,i.e New build)

and there is a A.R.C out there that will give you dual path signalling although it will be keyholder response only :ninja:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gold star to Angus, dunce corner for everyone else.

System can be set with a code(at least 5 digits with grade 3) as well as unset, its all about disabling confirmation once entry has started, if using a fob confirmation can be allowed after the entry timer has expired and only if 2 devices off the entry route are activated. And that has nothing to do with the grade.

Ok let me think of some things on G3, at least 5 digit codes , dual path signalling, 24hr battery standby unless mains fail sent to ARC, Tamper sent to ARC, Faults sent to ARC, antimask detectors, ALL devices at least Grade 3 certified.

What have I forgot Angus?

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

System can be set with a code(at least 5 digits with grade 3) as well as unset, its all about disabling confirmation once entry has started, if using a fob confirmation can be allowed after the entry timer has expired and only if 2 devices off the entry route are activated. And that has nothing to do with the grade.

Ok let me think of some things on G3, at least 5 digit codes , dual path signalling, 24hr battery standby unless mains fail sent to ARC, Tamper sent to ARC, Faults sent to ARC, antimask detectors, ALL devices at least Grade 3 certified.

tamper ??and zone omit being signalled to A.R.C

o and by the way i am not angus ;)

Guest anguscanplay

thanks Breff

detectors have to trigger four states alarm,tamper,fault,mask seperatly

contacts have to trigger magnet duplication - inc roller door ones

junction boxes have to be tampered

panic buttons have to be tampered

panel to signal to ARC " zone exclude"

engineer has to be customer autherised to access programming

loads more but eating strawberries and its getting messy

angus

Guest anguscanplay
its public forum?

never mind then

apparently public can specify , install and monitor there own grade 3 installs now according to mjw

customer cant stipulate the grade only the certifiying installation company can during their risk assesment - if the customer wants grade 2X but the site is grade three they have grade three or the grading has failed and we wouldnt be doing the install - the ball is in our court not theirs

grade four commercially available

cant get duel path and URN unless you are approved but i aint doing that old chestnut again

my point wasnt so much with the o/p who should have known the regs and if he didnt he has the ssaib to ask but not in a public forum

hi Angus,

we had a simular debate about revolving doors,

you will have dealt with architects 'specifications' sported from word processors standard paragraphs, they state wonderful things we all wish could happen like "wire free wired detectors" :rolleyes: 360 PIR wall mounted or in a corner :P.

as a client if i say to you i want a system to be installed to G3 or G4 specs even though i may only need G2, would you then turn it down? you would simply make a not of your assessment and install tot the higher grade insisted on surely?

as a non-registered even i can fit any duel path signaling to an ARC i care to - nobody has said it's for Police Response yet have they? this client as many local authorities do in London, may have there own response teams even central station's.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

apparently public can specify , install and monitor there own grade 3 installs now according to mjw

i think you should read my last post never said anything about the public in fact i said local authority me thinks??

i too thought it was a public forum now what were the rule regarding engineering info?????? i think they need reiterating for some :unsure:

hi Angus,

we had a simular debate about revolving doors,

you will have dealt with architects 'specifications' sported from word processors standard paragraphs, they state wonderful things we all wish could happen like "wire free wired detectors" :rolleyes: 360 PIR wall mounted or in a corner :P.

as a client if i say to you i want a system to be installed to G3 or G4 specs even though i may only need G2, would you then turn it down? you would simply make a not of your assessment and install tot the higher grade insisted on surely?

as a non-registered even i can fit any duel path signaling to an ARC i care to - nobody has said it's for Police Response yet have they? this client as many local authorities do in London, may have there own response teams even central station's.

regs

alan

Yep arthur you are quite right if you are useing your own responding force nsI/en REGS go right out the window and straight in the bin(and some say thats where it should stay)

the local authority i was posting about actually had their own police force(park police) who also had their own A.R.C ;)

Guest anguscanplay
i think you should read my last post never said anything about the public in fact i said local authority me thinks??

i too thought it was a public forum now what were the rule regarding engineering info?????? i think they need reiterating for some :unsure:

cool mjw mate

but what engineering info has been given out ? system specifications maybe but as you have roundly proved public bodies are more than aware of them anyway , however i do think your misinformed about the need not to comply with regs

angus

Archived