Security Installer Community

Grade 3 Requirements

you did you said " i`ll fit a grade 3 but without the signalling "

no what was said was there is nothing stopping you installing g3 kit without signalling which there isnt apart from cost

you did you said " i`ll fit a grade 3 but without the signalling "

you know exactely what i said in context and i'm still saying, so answer properly.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

no what was said was there is nothing stopping you installing g3 kit without signalling which there isnt apart from cost

exactly,

and if the clients want that he can have it imo. with no regs broken as all it is at worst is an over speced G2 which can be converted to G3.

regs

alan

Guest anguscanplay
there is nothing stopping you installing G3 or even G4 equipment on a bells only, you can install the whole system in order to later meet G3, if and when the risk is then increased or inurrance co change's/insists, in go's the signalling for the full compliance, if thats the client request surely.

regs

alan

if there is no signalling it can at most be a GRADE 2X that is the whole point of the grading system

if there is no signalling it can at most be a GRADE 2X that is the whole point of the grading system

hi angus,

we all agree with the above honest we do, the whole point of this discussion was you don't need a URN to instal the system to G3 standards, it wil not be officially be a G3 for En purposes, but it is up to that standard regarding the detection types used and operation of that system.

regs

alan

Hi all

Sorry to sound thick but, doing nowt but cameras for 3 years means I'm not quite up to speed.

Our Project Manager's asked me to take a look at a Galaxy which has 360 ceiling mount DualTech's fitted. Apparently they're reporting masking to the Galaxy and this needs sorting out. Could someone clarify the masking prnciple to me so as to empower my depth of knowledge (stop me looking dumb) when I attend site?. When I was doing intruder, masking only related to microwaves.

I went up into the attic...I found a Stradavarius & a Picasso. Unfortunately.....

Stradavarius couldn't paint, and Picasso made a shocking fiddle.

My Facebook page...http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1279556853&ref=name

you`ll be telling me the highway code isnt actually law

sorry angus, the highway code is not law, but ' a guide to the law'.. ever had a police officer quote the highway code, think not.

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Guest Dave the alarm man
wiring regs are legally enforcable,

well yes & no, there non statutory, damage persons, livestock or proptery the court will refer to BS7671 & the health & safety at work act, electricity at work reg's, or part p of the building reg's + others

intruder regs are not.

well they call in BS7671 + the noise pollution act so same as above + if it all goes tits up their insurer may come back at you to reclaim their loss, fraud (system does not comply with the requirements that you claimed on its cert), wrongful advice, failure to perform ect....... given the fact that most firms that have not bothered with an inspectorate only have the most basic public liability insurance, if it all goes very wrong your business or house could end up on the line.

Would I be right to assume the OP has not purchased any of the EN standards?

Guest anguscanplay
hi angus,

we all agree with the above honest we do, the whole point of this discussion was you don't need a URN to instal the system to G3 standards, it wil not be officially be a G3 for En purposes, but it is up to that standard regarding the detection types used and operation of that system.

regs

alan

Read that again arfur - out loud - there is no such think as "to grade 3 standard "without a duelpath signalling device.Its either is a grade3 or it isnt. Its the same as saying i install to " NSI/SSAIB/POLICE standards " from an unregd. All diy systems by default are grade1, the main side bar of these regs will be stopping unregd companies from installing other than grade1

Unless you have a copy of the grading matrix your going into this blind - every component is down graded to the lowest denominator so a grade3 sensor on a uncommunicated system is therfore a grade 2X sensor

well yes & no, there non statutory, damage persons, livestock or proptery the court will refer to BS7671 & the health & safety at work act, electricity at work reg's, or part p of the building reg's + others

well they call in BS7671 + the noise pollution act so same as above + if it all goes tits up their insurer may come back at you to reclaim their loss, fraud (system does not comply with the requirements that you claimed on its cert), wrongful advice, failure to perform ect....... given the fact that most firms that have not bothered with an inspectorate only have the most basic public liability insurance, if it all goes very wrong your business or house could end up on the line.

Would I be right to assume the OP has not purchased any of the EN standards?

cheers dave - hence my comments about the highway code yes it isnt law and no a police officer wouldnt quote it at you but it can be used to prove negligance one day soon a member of this forum is going to get hit big time by " claims direct " and EN/BS is going to play a big part

i don't know any other way i can out it Angus,

but hey it's the weekend, soggy burnt barby sausages/burgers, cold beer, lousy Tv programming so lets just chill and play Xbox 360 instead.

if you want to shoot me - i'll give you my gamer tag and we can meet up in a Rainbow 6 sharpshooter match :P

regs

alan

ps

just heard there a massive upsurge in 360 sales in the past 30 seconds - i wonder why :rolleyes:

Archived