Security Installer Community

Grade 3 Requirements

Yep arthur you are quite right if you are useing your own responding force nsI/en REGS go right out the window and straight in the bin(and some say thats where it should stay)

the local authority i was posting about actually had their own police force(park police) who also had their own A.R.C ;)

damn i'm good

lol

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

cool mjw mate

but what engineering info has been given out ? system specifications maybe but as you have roundly proved public bodies are more than aware of them anyway , however i do think your misinformed about the need not to comply with regs

angus

Hi Angus,

perhpas i'm loosng the plot. but no one is saying to disregard the regs, only that you can if you do not need insurrance or Police response.

your stance was how can you get a URN if your not registered, but not all installs even thoiose to a high security levels like some schools are responded to by the Police.

regs

alan

can they also bin the wiring regs , nope thought not either

no more than i'd drive to the job without a valid licence, insurrance and MOT but whats that got to do with to price of apple's?

wiring regs are legally enforcable, intruder regs are not.

'our' regs to a large degree are a matter of personal choice, even for the registered less conciencious guys as we have seen photgraphic evidence of in this very forum.

regs

alan

Guest anguscanplay
Hi Angus,

perhpas i'm loosng the plot. but no one is saying to disregard the regs, only that you can if you do not need insurrance or Police response.

your stance was how can you get a URN if your not registered, but not all installs even thoiose to a high security levels like some schools are responded to by the Police.

regs

alan

never said anything about a URN as im well aware public can buy duelpath - not via redcare but can buy duelpath just the same. Its time to accept the good old British Standard has passed and unlike it the new EN regs are not optional if you are installing a system

now - the grading of a system is decided by the installing company based on the risk assesment required for EN5????? if the same customer who specifies a grade 4 system is disregarding the regs because its for his own consumption he cant possibly grade the system

your like the man on our street who " services his car to mot standards" its not possible

Guest anguscanplay
wiring regs are legally enforcable, intruder regs are not.

regs

alan

you want to bet the family silver on that with the current litigation " where theres blame............" climate ?

you want to bet the family silver on that with the current litigation " where theres blame............" climate ?

if i were worried about the blame climat i would not leave the house,

my view is if you client askes for a system to conform to a certain grade level, you would then design and install to that level would you not, and add a rider saying it either exceeded or did not meet the lients true requirement in you view based on your risk assesment.

sometimes refurbs and new builds are a nightmare to be accurate for risk assesment, for instance a house i speced some 3 years back would have been a simple if large G2, based on what i could see at time of viewing and all the answer's i.e is there a safe, shotgun cabinet major high value items all was shrugged off.

last day of installation nearly got away and front door comes open, 3 guys bring in this picture - apparently worth 30k (i would not have wiped my harris on it).

sometimes the client is looking ahead, so may ask for a higher security system than what is needed at the time as the use of the premmisses or value held with will be possibly changing. prudently it would be silly to fit G2 class detection, then have to rip it all out for G3 a year later on.

there is nothing stopping you installing G3 or even G4 equipment on a bells only, you can install the whole system in order to later meet G3, if and when the risk is then increased or inurrance co change's/insists, in go's the signalling for the full compliance, if thats the client request surely.

regs

alan

i would bet my life on it mate, unless you claim to meet the standards its optional. otherwise how would b&q be able to sell the systems they do.

also there is a large 'home security' installer that are not approved and have there own ARC, how would they trade if the regs are 'law' so to speak.

Guest anguscanplay
i would bet my life on it mate, unless you claim to meet the standards its optional. otherwise how would b&q be able to sell the systems they do.

also there is a large 'home security' installer that are not approved and have there own ARC, how would they trade if the regs are 'law' so to speak.

they also sell replacment fuse boards

having an ARC and been approved have nothing to do with the regs - the days of not having to comply with the regs because you wernt NSI ( other regulators are available ) have gone

Guest anguscanplay
there is nothing stopping you installing G3 or even G4 equipment on a bells only, you can install the whole system in order to later meet G3, if and when the risk is then increased or inurrance co change's/insists, in go's the signalling for the full compliance, if thats the client request surely.

regs

alan

bells only can only ever be a grade 2x thats what the gradings mean - you may have fitted all the correct equipment but the grading matrix makes it a 2x

Archived